Heart Fatigue

Posted , 3 users are following.

Has anyone dealt with this? After about 2 days of an unsettled rhythm, likely caused from the anesthesia from colonoscopy, my rhythm is back to normal. However, i am quite tired and fatigued. It feels as though my heart of tired, if that makes sense. Has anyone else had this happen?

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

My BP and heart rate dropped dramatically during a colonoscopy and I subsequently went into AF. Probably in my case through the probe stimulating my Vagus nerve. Another less likely explanation could be dehydration caused by the laxatives.

In my case it was the vagus nerve as over a year after having a cardioversion to get me back into sinus rhythm it happened again when I had a (DRE) rectal examination of my prostate.

• Posted

I had a bout of Afib last weekend also lasting 2 days and for the next couple of days I felt absolutely exhausted.

Phoebe

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.