Heart Feels Like It's Beating Hard

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello,

I am a 23 year old, and my heart constantly feels like its beating hard. It gets worse after I eat a large meal or am laying down or get hot. Its anxiety provoking and lasts for a long time, not just a couple minutes. I've had real ECGs that were normal and when I take an ECG on my apple watch the rhythm appears regular. Are these palpitations or is this normal? Has anyone else experienced this?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi!

I had some bouts of ectopics palpitations over the years that have been checked out ok. And when I lose weight and do excercise they tend to go

Seperatly - One odd thing, but normal for me I feel is that my heart beats hard all the time, not out of my chest just that you can see it beat and I feel it beat more than the average person. (I used to now I know I don't notice hardly)

Obviously things that make the heart beat harder for everyone, I may feel more. So yes maybe a big meal, etc. And lying down I feel it more but again I don't really notice much now.

I don't know when it started, or if was always the same, but I "think" it just started about 9 or 10 years ago.

My heart Dr said he had only ever seen this in someone with an enlarged heart like athlete, (I'm not an athelete) so they did two echo scans over time to check it hadnt enlarged, and guess what it never had or has!!!!

I researched it loads, and found lots of poeple like me on line, so many who had had the same thing and got the all clear, one guy for years and years and years and he was fine, it gave me sooo much comfort.

They never really could tell me why, all my ecg's ok. And about 10 years later it still does it but I'm fine praise God. And I know I'm not the only one!! 😃

My advice, get all the tests, then trust your heart Dr if he says all ok, get a second opinion if if still worried, I think I did. Lol and same, all ok!

Now I hardly notice it as its just normal for me 😃 also I excercise and all fine too. And when I did what you did found lots of people on line round the world have the same! You may find threads from forums as I did also 😃

Mine does all the time, just a slightly harder beat than average person and can see it beating.

I'm not a Dr, so please please please do get all the tests etc to put mind at rest but, there are lots of us, and still here and completely ok!!

Just how my heart beats!

I hope this helps, as I was so worried, but I'm completely fine now.

God bless

Mark 😃

• Posted

apple watches are not accurate by any means. if you want an accurate reading. you can go to the drug store and purchase an oximeter. when you're anxiety gets high and you think about it, you're symptoms get worse. You should try distracting yourself when these come on. if you think it's a true medical problem I would suggest seeing you're doctor.

• Posted

and palpitations, almost everyone gets. just some tend to feel theres. I had them for a long time. I still get them from time to time but its benign.

• Posted

Oh my God, yes, I have the EXACT same symptoms. I'm a 20 year old male and I'm the same way, and my symptoms last for hours. I have no conclusive diagnosis and have been to multiple doctors including an electrophysiologist to no avail. I've had several normal EKG's as well as two inconclusive holter monitors lasting 2 and 15 days. I have been on propranolol (beta blocker), 30mg, a day for about a year now and that seems to help, but it's like putting a band-aid on whatever the underlying cause is. I firmly believe that anxiety isn't the cause of my "bounding pulse", but you're right, it's very anxiety inducing. I will certainly let you know if I ever figure out anything for myself. My only recommendations after having had whatever this is for 3 years is that propranolol helps, stay hydrated, and avoid caffeine. I'll also throw this in there; if you want my guess of what the problem is, I think it's some sort of blood chemical issue because of the way the symptoms happen when chemicals are added like caffeine. If you have any questions, feel free to message me; I think you can do that on here.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.