heart feels like its skipping a beat 6 months after a pe???

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi guys. For the last couple of nights I feel like my heart keeps skipping a beat every 8 beats or so.

I was checked for hypertension a few weeks ago and everything was good. I had a very serious blockage with my pe 6 months ago and nearly died-again!! Has anyone experienced this heart beat skipping so far down the line? I know it takes a while to get better but I'm a little worried. I'm also on prednisolone for my colitis and warfarin for the clots. My heart still seems fairly fast...

Thanks all..

1 like, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hi claire-mar29574,

I don't know much about heart health but I'm trying to cover all bases within my capability.

My own journey....

May 14 DVT

June,July minor exercise

August/September- resistance evercises

October 14 PE, immobile, diet change, porridge, toast no meat/eggs

December 14 struggled to walk up stairs, sleeping

January 15 walked 30mins a day, resting

March 15 more walking, resistance exercise....

I'm in the process of changing my 'personal' diet and exercise routine, for example eating beans, pulses, legumes, peanuts, vitamin supplements and increased walkng (did 6hrs/16miles yesterday! Blisters!!!) yesterday ., drinking more water.

I don't know how long I will keep this up, (need to develop/evolve lifestyle plan eventually) but it seems a good trade off from when I was feeling unwell. My clots may come back, but at least I can say to my docs, I'm trying my best to get well again and hopefully our doctors can reciprocate, continue with research and develop treatments for PE and associated ailments.

• Posted

Hello.

Thank you for taking the Time to reply.sounds like you have/are doing an awful lot..im trying to change my diet and exercise too. Its hard because i dislike exercise,except walking..just so tired all the Tim especially with the colitis too.lethargic and have to really push myself sometimes. It can be so depressing. But I am still alive so I am forever grateful for that. That is how we should all look at it. Take each day at a time. Good luck with your recovery.😃

• Posted

thx claire-mar29574

I am also grateful to be alive - it's easy to take each breath and heartbeat for granted - and each stage of recovery we tend to want more from life. I can see how colits can affect your drive and energy levels.

I will never forget my 'fight to breathe', this gives me the fire in my belly, and I can see this 'will to breathe:way to health' stay with me. It's an education.

i want to give back, there's more to life than sustanance..

ummm reminds me....go for another walk...skip breakfast...new brunch invention lentil curry and greek yoghurt....

• Posted

Thank you.

Yes fighting for breath and the pain...its so scary..lifes too short..lovely day here In Cornwall.

Enjoy your walk.

Got docs soon,so hopefully they will sort mr.

Thanks

• Posted

Hi Claire,

possibly Atrial Fibrillation (AF) which can also be the causes of a PE, Although if you are now on antcoagulants then that should prevent a recurrence of another PE.

An echo-cardiogram of the heart may detect if you have AF, or you may have to wear a heart monitor for a few days to check your heart rythms over a longer period of time.     

• Posted

Hello.thank you. Every little thing makes me think that the clots are still there..panic sometimes..i have an appointment Monday to see my chest consultant so ill wait to see what she says.

I haven't been back to work just cant do it. I am forgetful and confused sometimes too.

Drives you nuts.

Well I will have to wait and see.

Thank you very much.

Claire

• Posted

Hi Claire

Since my PE 10 weeks ago which resulted in an enlarged heart due to the strain I have been getting those heart skipping a beat 'thingies' late at night.  After reporting this to the respiratory team  I have just completed a 72 hr heart monitor test.  I handed back the gadget yesterday so am waiting for the results to be analysed and reported back to me.  I am hoping nothing serious shows up, of course, but at least it is reassuring that they took me seriously enough to do a check!  Perhaps this may be suggested in your case?

Best wishes

Alex x

• Posted

Hello

I have a docs appt soon so hopefully they will do that 😃 I feel like a hypochondriac sometimes. I know I'm not because I don't like fuss.

Hopefully you will get better soon.x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.