Heart fluctuations and dizziness

Posted , 6 users are following.

I'm 20 years old and for the last few weeks I've been experiencing a few heart related issues, my heart seems to be beating faster and harder than usual and as a result I've been feeling a bit unwell. I've had it pretty much everyday but it's been slightly more noticable the last few days, it leaves me feeling quite breathless and with a fluttering type feeling in my stomach with occasionally cramp like pains with lose of appetite, but mainly I just feel quite dazed and light headed most of the day and I seem to get very tired if I undertake normal activities such as work. I just would really appreciate it if anyone had any advice, I've looked around online and it sounds like it might just be a tempoary problem maybe linked with possible stress. Thank you very much.

0 likes, 11 replies

11 Replies

• Posted

Hi James,

Sorry to hear of your problems.

I would suggest you ring youir doctor or go to hospital asap. It may be nothing serious, but better safe than sorry.

If you go to your nearest hospital they at least will do an ECG, take bloods and your blood presure which will then tell them what is wrong.

I  unfortunately in the last 2 years have had a lot of experience in matters to do with the heart, both for myself and my wife.

Good luck and let me know how you get on. You could also ring the 111 number and explain everything to them, but they will probably tell you to also to go to your hospital.

Best wishes Ken.

• Posted

Thanks a lot for your reply Ken, I'm sorry to hear you and your wife have experienced similar issues recently. I will definatly take your advice and speak to my doctor, like anyone I just hate having to go through hospital procedures and wait for results, but I know it has to be done. Thanks again.
  • Posted

Hi James, See your GP or if you are feeling as bad as you suggest (or i suspect worse if your reporting is like mine and understated) then from personal experience i would say your local A&E should be your next stop for at least ECG and bloods and a discussion at some point with a cardiologist. (My life path here led to my current conditions cos i thought i could cope through it... i didnt). Also if you were one of my Athletes i would be insisting on a trip to get your heart checked out. Stress has a major impact both physical and physiological dont take chances and get on with what you may not want to do but.... please and also let us know what happens 
    • Posted

Many thanks for your help, I really appreciate your advice. I think it could be a few personal things that have happened and it's built to a point where it's become a problem in which I may need to get some medical help. I'm very sorry to hear of your problems, I hope you are coping with them okay, as you say it's always a good thing to get these issues checked out early otherwise they may result in bigger problems. I will try and get in contact with a doctor soon if it continues and let you know how it goes, thanks again.
    • Posted

I know the feeling life has a way of trying you out, for what i havent worked out yet but.... Good luck and i hope you get better yourself, but if you can ask us for help you can ask your GP. Be positive, believe in yourself and keep trying but also accept where you are and what you need... very hard to ask for help when you need it so well done on that! now apply that courage to the rest of your life and go for it... lean on us to help and we will happily push you in the right directions as we see them...
  • Posted

Hi James, 

I had similar issues (not quite as severe as yours) with my heart around that age. It ended up being nothing serious. As a matter of fact, my doctor said it was "growing pains". But you should definitely have it checked to make sure there is nothing more serious going on.

Make sure you cut out all caffeine and especially "power" drinks like Monster and Red Bull if you are using any of those.

Take care!

• Posted

Thank you very much for your reply, I really appreciate your time. Yeah that's the impression I picked up from looking around on other forums, quite a few people seem to have similiar symptoms that don't amount to any serious problems and pass over time, but I'm just slightly worried that it's been going on for around a month now and the slight chance it could lead to something else. Many thanks again.
  • Posted

Hi James  sorry to hear you have been having problems and I agree with all who have replied much better to ge checked out - I was worried I was wasting peoples time but thanks to all advice in the forum - I did go for check up and got the treatment I needed Let us know how you get on and do try to get the stress situation resolved - easy for me to say I know but as someone has already said stress can be damaging.  Good luck.
  • Posted

It could be your heart flutter or it could be anxiety.

Have you been driking and smoking. 'Holiday Heart Syndrome' affects young people that have been partying a lot. It's like atrial fibrillation but stops when you change your lifestyle.

It could also be harmless 'ectopic beats'

An ECG would rule out heart issues.

Good luck

• Posted

My suggest is this one strart monitoring your heart bits with an Oximeter especially at rest if at rest you're around 75/ 70 you ok in term of heart bits range when you walking shouldn't go over 100 ...120 its not a good sign at all. Then buy blood pressure monitor with in regular heart beats detector and see if you get them ofthen.

See your GP it's always the best thing that you can do.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.