Heart Fluttering and Rare Tachycardia

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hello there! I am wishing you a healthy day whoever reading this.

Three weeks ago, I started to notice fluttering in my chest and skipped beats every now and then especially when I lie down at night. They lasted for a moment and I was all OK about it. I also started to notice less bowel movements and an uneasy stomach along with them. I used to exercise regularly so I kinda know my body, I started to fatigue sooner than I would.

A week ago, I was watching TV and my heart skipped a beat and suddenly my heart rate went over 170+ right after and lasted a couple of minutes. Beats felt like a regular beat and I didn't faint or whatsoever. I went to the emergency and got my heart checked by ECG and it obviously didn't catch anything. I'd seen a cardiologist and I got equipped with 24 hours monitor. I also got my heart checked up structurally and it's fine. I had no tachycardia but a light fluttering in my chest when it was on. I turned in the monitor and my cardiologist told me that I have nothing to worry about and prescribed me a low dose beta blocker.

Thing is, he didn't even diagnosed what type of arrhythmia I am suffering. He just told me that my heart is structurally fine and I am probably having beign arrhythmias. Again, I have no idea how he based those assumptions on a monitor result that didn't even catch an attack at all. I feel exhausted and sometimes have those flutters again but not tachycardia. I don't use the prescribed beta blocker because it made me even worse. All I am asking is your insight based on your experiences and knowledge on what kind of arrhythmia I am having and if exhaustion is related to it? I am 23 years old male and I don't have any other condition. I want to be able to exercise again and not worry about my heart failing suddenly.

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

I would suggest that when you are having one of these episodes that you monitor it on a phone app or use an oximeter.

I have svt. My resting heartrate could be 65 bpm. With in one beat, my heartrate will go to 160 bpm. Its that sudden. And when it stops, it stops the same way. There are many types of svt. The only way to know is to have a EP study.

But in order to know if it is SVT, you need to have a monitor one or being having and ecg being done at the time.

My episodes can be 10 minutes but they have gone on for over 6 hours.Most times I am able to revert it myself doing many types of maneuvers.

If it is a types of SVT, it is not life threatning, BUT it is life altering.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.