Heart fluttering sensation in my sternum

Posted , 5 users are following.

I get a fluttering sensation in my sternum and it travels up my throat? And I'm also getting really bad pains travelling up the back of my head from my kneck, anyone else get this? Or am I needing to seek medical attention? I have really bad health anxiety and I would like to know what this is, could it be grinding teeth maybe or just because I'm tensed up all the time? Thanks xx

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi Courtney

I have a really sore neck and throat as well and have been getting tension headaches at back of head  and migranes on one side of head which were really scaring me. I have health anxiety too and I have thought I have had every illness there is. I have been clenching my teeth and have woke myself up really grinding them. I was at the dentist last week and she noticed I had been griding my teeth so much I had wore down some of the enamel and that's where my neck, jaw and ear pain could be coming from. She is going to try and get a mouth gaurd for me to protect my teeth at night. I am going back tomorrow so hopefully will get fitted for one then. Talk to your dentist. Hope you feel better soon. Take care.

Annmarie x 

• Posted

i get the fluttering sensations you describe,it almost feels like a bubble is bursting in your throat...doctors have all told me nothing to worry about and its almost certainly stress related.i also get the pains up into the base of my skull,again all stress related.Over time i too have ground my teeth,again its stress,,so try not to worry and tell the doctor you can relax and need a little bit of help.
  • Posted

Hi, all the symptoms Youve described are anxiety symptoms or perfectly normal healthy sensations we all get.

• Posted

Hi,I get this all the time it's a weird feeling.my doc told me it was nothing to worry about it's like an echo of my heart.ive had ECG ,heart monitor for 72hrs and my heart valves checked and all came back normal.mine isn't a bad s it used to be it comes and goes.its just our anxiety friend .hope you feel better soon

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.