Heart health

Posted , 7 users are following.

can i please reassure everyone who suffers from ectopic beats and palpatations they are quiet common even in athletes and young healthy individuals..I know they are frightening.ive had them all my life..I’ve had echocardiogram and ecgs 24 hr holsters..get your drs to get you checked out for peace of mind and reassurance..if there is anything at least you will know..my echocardiogram showed a mild mitral valve regurgitation which I’ve been told not to worry about as it’s quiet common..I was alarmed but when explained felt so much better and told to keep exercising..health anxiety xxx and mine was always about my heart xxx

3 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Hi Christine I suffer with health anxiety and mines always my heart. Never had heart trouble and it’s not in the family but that’s all I think about. I’ve pull a muscle in my shoulder and it goes into the right of my chests really painful and I’m thinking no it’s my heart x
    • Posted

The best thing my dr did was send me for all the tests..he knew I was anxious as I have had ptsd in the past....there is heart arrythmias in my family..mum dad and brother..ambulance driver said to me we all get strange beats but if it goes on for longer than 15 minutes with intense chest pain etc then to go er...he said I wouldn’t be walking roundhouse panicking..I would be on floor..and he was right..they were so good.. they understood I had panic disorder as well and knew I was scared xx it’s our thoughts that need to change x
    • Posted

I know..I had cbt which really helped me..and I’m sure if more peeps were honest..we all have a bit of health anxiety....  maybe we are to aware..I’d rather that than be oblivious...some people just abuse there hearts etc...
    • Posted

my mums arryhmia was picked up on a routine ecg before surgery..she had had it for ages and wasn’t aware...one of the ambulance drivers who I mentioned before did cardiology and she said we all have them..it’s just the heart resetting..it’s a muscle so it will jump around when we move exercise etc..I think we would be in trouble if it didn’t jump around and was stagnant xxxx
    • Posted

If I'm honest - I worry about health big time! I think it's my one major downfall as it really affects my life... In my younger years it didn't affect me so badly  but now I'm mid forties I tend to hear more about friends, celebs of my era either having health concerns or even some passing away - it's scary, plus my hormones don't help!  😱

I really wish I could stop worrying so much about it as worry gets me no where really anyway so it's pointless! 😖🙄

Plus, I'm not sure about anyone else but I tend to not express my worries totally to others so most friends/family have no idea how it affects me! Bizarre situation really but I guess I'm not alone?!? 

A. x 

• Posted

EIm the same two of my friends died last year plus my musicians I had listened to in my childhood in last couple of years..I think we start to notice more and realise we are not here forever and that’s scary..so important to try and focus on positive thoughts and that we are still here xxxx I think there normal worries and common xx
  • Posted

I went to my doctor last year panicking about this... I had a 72hr ECG and they even checked my tropium level as I was convinced something was dreadfully wrong even though I only had the odd irregular beat now and then.  The test came back that I have a slight ectopic beat during the day now and again and something called a Type I second-degree AV block (Mobitz I) at night when I'm asleep! I totally freaked out about this as it sounded horrid only to be told it's ok. There are different types of heart blocks and what I have is quite common and apparently quite a few people have it and more would if they were tested!

I have no symptoms but still  worrying when I read up but they tell me this type of heart block will not progress to a type 3 block and they don't even want to monitor it... this was from the head heart consultant. 😳

• Posted

i wouldnt worry then..if top cardio have told you not to...I really wouldn’t.. they see so many hearts they know xxx
  • Posted

This is where I'm at right now . I'm sitting at work almost in tears. I'm perimeno which  I hear effect  the hormone levels. I have been check by 3 different dr's . I do have panic disorder but for years it was controlled with medication . Last march it all started with my first missed P. Heart racing , skips , flutters sent me to ER . My life is is totally mess with obsession over my heart .  I feel every skip , flutter , boom and run . The Dr say heart is fine this is common. They have me on a beta blocker , they just upped it as this week I have been getting them a lot . I take Ativan and klonipin .. I have my pulse ox with me 24/7 . No Dr really has been understanding or really been 100% reassuring or maybe j just don't hear them . This has taking over my life .. it sets off depression and panic .. this past year has been the worst part of my 48 years of life .. 

• Posted

I feel you kris813. I am experiencing health ansiety and I did also wear a heart monitor for 15 days and they did find a rare PAC and sinus rythum still was a benign monitor nothing to worry about . I do take Ativan when I need it.  
    • Posted

I know how frightening it is please believe what the drs say they would not send anyone away with a severe heart problem...it’s the anxiety and obsessive thoughts causing more anxiety which then creates more ectopic skipped beats..I have Read of people not sleeping because they are so worried.which is no good either...

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.