Heart Health

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello, sorry if this is a dumb question, but i’m kinda anxious about it and need to make sure.

If I got an EKG and a heart x-ray, the one where they put an oil on your chest and slide this thing on your chest i think, does that detect all heart diseases, heart attack possibilities and all those things?

1 like, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Yes had had that done last year it does show how the heart is pumping and if there was problems it would show up.Hope all will be well.

S

• Posted

Yes, its called an echo-cardiogram, they measure the flow of blood through the valves in your heart, and it also shows if the valves are opening and shutting correctly, they also measure the size of your atrium & ventricle's they are firstly the upper chamber of your heart and then the two bigger bottom chambers of your heart, from those measurements they have a range of what is normal and what is not, and from that they can diagnose most heart conditions, or take a trained and calculated guess about what is causing the issues with your heart. 

?In husbands case they could see a hugely enlarged left ventricle, valve issues, which all pointed to him having a seriously blocked arteries and the heart muscle was being damaged by lack of blood supply, angiogram down 2 days later, and his arteries were clear of any plaque, after many days in the heart hospital as an in patient, they came to the conculsion that a virus had attacked his heart muscle and caused the damage, never ever found out exactly but the virus was the only explanation in the end.

?7 years on, he is really better than even the Dr's expected him to be, out side at the moment, caring for our bees in the backyard, mows lawns both in our town section and 5 acre country property, (rides a lawn tractor there), keeps himself as fit as he can, keeps to the diet given to us by the heart hospital, (again when he puts on weight he knows he cannot be healthy and well, so we stick to a strict diet plan until it comes off again), presently on a diet plan for both of us to loose some or excess weight.

• Posted

Thank you excellent Reading wish I could write like you. At the moment I'm just waiting for Myocardial perfusiin stress scan,and Nm Cardiac gated rest MIBI/TF. All very technical to me but some some reason I got dropped off the hospital list these things I'm having done should have been done 3 years ago so it's been a long time coming. Tipping down with rain here hope to get to the gym.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.