Heart hurting, loss of hearing, and loss of balance

Posted , 4 users are following.

So today I jumped into the shower and out of nowhere while in the shower my chest/heart area started to hurt (my heart was beating fast) and felt as if I was loosing breaths.... then I began to loose my balance to where I felt as if I was going to fall straight down... my hearing slowly began to go away but not entirely... still while all this was going on I managed to get to the chair inside my bathroom, my head started to feel a huge pressure where I had a small headache. I don't know what this could've been to, could someone please tell me what happened to me?

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

How old are you? Do you have a lot of stress? Sounds a lot like a panic attack to me... I'm not a doctor but I had the same thing happen to me while I was in the shower one time and literally thought I was going to pass out, I had a bunch of heart tests done that showed nothing was wrong lol so anxiety maybe?

• Posted

You may have had a episode of AF, how old are you.

I would have it checked out ring for an ambulance while it is happening, and they can record what is going on, and report to the hospital, if it happens again.

If you heart is beating tooo fast, blood cannot fill the heart cavities fast enough, and you get dizzyness, short of breath, and weakness in legs, as you are just not getting enough oxygen to your brain, our bodies have the magical ability to self regulate, if there is not enough blood flow to brain, faint, horozontal on the floor, and the heart does not need to work as hard to get that blood to the brain.

I watched the same with my husband, a year ago when he was very unwell, with heart not beating correctly, every time he sat up, or tryed to stand up he passed out, or close to it, took him to the heart hospital, wher they found the problem, electrical problem with heart, pacemaker installed, he is fine now.

One of his comments as soon as they switched on the pacemaker, was I feel soooo much better.

• Posted

Could be many a thing. My advice would be to bite the bullet and visit a doctor's. You can have an ecg done and blood tests etc. And they will put your mind at ease.

Your age, stress level, history of anxiety etc. Maygive us more of an indicator, please share.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.