Heart muscle function improving but symptoms still the same

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi. Has anyone else experienced this please? Diagnosed with dilated cardiomyopathy & heart failure in March. Cardiologist suggested a CRT-D but wanted to wait for drugs to work fully first. Latest scan shows improved heart muscle function, which is great, but symptoms are still exactly same, especially breathlessness & tiredness. Can anyone help me understand this please ? It doesn't seem to make sense + CRT-D which he said should improve symptoms now seems unlikely. Thanks for any help. Val

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hello VAl, I was suprised to read your letter on this site, as I was in the same situation  with the same problem dilated cardiomypaty it took the Consultans nearly 12months to agree I needed a CRT   inplant.   Tried medication  nothing worked  . had implant 2 an half years now  and I have my life back.  I just have to get used to not doing al lthe things I used to do but  over all its the best thing,  as the pacemaker will be pacing all the time so  you can go on wth your life, so you have to speak to your consultant. ask any questions you dont understand all the best.M.
    • Posted

Hello Maureen. Thanks very much for your message - it's so good to hear others have been in th same position, and that there is something out there that may be of help ! I will folow your advice  .All the best, Val
  • Posted

Hi, been in same position as yourself for the last 21/2 years.  In March they decided to fit me with a loop recorder, although they have talked about re-synchrinization.  Have not had MRI, or echo since April 2012,, just keep going back to cardiology and they have not changed any medication since 2012.  Do not give up hope, because I have not that all will eventually get itself sorted.  Good to know though that I am not the only one in this situation.  Jenny
    • Posted

Hi Jenny. Thanks so much for your reply - it's good to know someone else is in the same position, though of course very sorry to hear about your long wait. I was beginning to doubt myself when they said the breathlessness etc. should be improving. I hope all goes well for you. All the best, Val

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.