Heart Operation

Posted , 8 users are following.

In six weeks time I am goint have open heart surgery. This wll include all of the following. 1. Tripple bypass

2. Replaced aortic valve

3. Repair to mitric valve

4. Ablation

Is it normal to have this many procedures in the same operation?

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

It depends on your condition.

Youd rather have one operation than lots.

Ive had 12 heart surgeries so far, i'm 23 years old.

Ive got a mechanical aortic valve and mechanical mitral valve and had 5 or 6 ablations.

I dont have experience on a triple bypass though

• Posted

I have no idea if this is common practice. I just wanted to wish you all the best and a speedy recovery.
  • Posted

hi Patrick I guess ot may be better to get it all over with at once Best of Luck I will say a prayer for your safety smile

Deb/pebbalita

• Posted

Ask them to remove your left atrial appendage at the same time. That is where blood clots form when you are in AF.
  • Posted

Good luck Patrick, you should feel so much better once you have recovered from the surgery. Sending you lots of positive thoughts. Xx
  • Posted

They would want to do all that's needed at the same time, pointless opening you up more than once unless they have to! These ops are very common now so try not to worry, you will feel so much better once it's over. Sending best wishes to you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.