Heart Pain

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi there,

For the past 5 months I have been experiencing what can only be described as a dull aching sensation in my chest, more specifically where my heart is. I am a 21 year old male who is fairly active (excercise twice a week). This pain can occur 4 or 5 times a day or not at all for 2 or 3 days at a time, there's no specific reason why the pain occurs either. Sometimes I can be sat still and will feel the sudden onset of this pain. After seeing my GP around 3 months ago, he said there was nothing wrong with my heart and after listening to it put it down to muscle pain from excercising. I have experienced muscle pain like this before and I have to say this feels nothing like that type of pain. The fact that it is so specific to my heart also makes me believe it has something to do with my heart.

I am very worried about this, has anyone else experienced pain like this at such a young age?

Cheers Dan

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Has your Doctor suggest you see a cardiologist?
    • Posted

No I was told my heart was in good condition by my doctor, who listened to my heart with a stethoscope. That is why I am so confused with his diagnosis. The fact that this pain has been lingering for so many months is also worrying.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.