Heart pains in the heart

Posted , 1 user is following.

Has anyone had something similar? I am struggling with pains in my heart muscle and sometimes pain in my chest and left arm. The pains vary in type but my most recent tonight has been dull pain of my heart that lasted for a second or two and occurred for over an hour. It's ruining my life and that of my wife.

I have suffered from palpitations and occasional sharp pains that would last a second next to my heart close to middle of my chest.

Since last year in June I have been getting various symptoms which often hurt or are unpleasant both to the point of great concern and panic when they panic. Increasingly, the symptoms seem worse and like when I first got my palpitations and sharp pains, I have recently gone to my cardiologist and have had a holter, ecg, echo stress test and according to my cardiologist the heart is ‘structurally’ sound and does not indicate any problem. It has been suggested to me that it is down to

Anxiety and that I should consult a psychologist. This is worrying because I know where my heart is and when it hurts it is not only distressing but can be painful.

The symptoms I speak of can vary in length and frequency and type. They are not always the same and can last a split second or carry on for hours or stop and start and repeat thoughout the day or night - it can keep me awake or even wake me up. It’s distrusted my quality of life and those around me. The pain can be a sharp poke in the heart or next to it or can be like a quick sharp ‘pull’ in my heart muscle or next to it or even in two different areas which has also happened. I also experience a prolonged feeling of where the heart seems inflamed and there are times where it feels like a dull ache for a minute and then doing it again after a few minutes rest. I’ve also had pain in the middle of my chest and sore left arm and went to the ED but was told to go home after an chest X-ray and blood test which seemed to indicate Stage 2 kidney disease. My BP was elevated to 150/108 with a usually BP of around 140/92.

My days are full of pain or discomfort in my heart and around my heart or in my chest.

I remember that having initially gone to my cardiologist before a years ago with the Palps I requested an angiogram which came back with ‘good clearances’ according to my Cardio and I also had a Coranary scan which showed some calcium deposits in my heart but nothing to worry about according to my Cardiologist at the time.

I am seeing him again on the 23/03 as I am still convinced it’s not anxiety and would like some help. I would appreciate if you could tell

Me what all this sounds like to you? I am

Very worried as is my wife.

Thank you for any response.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.