Heart palpitations?

Posted , 4 users are following.

Sitting down watching TV and out of no where I felt my heart beat become noticeable, like it felt like for a few beats that it was stronger and slower. Then went back to normal. Haven't had this before and my anxiety has actually been okay the last few days so came out of no where. Does this sound like palpitations?

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Yes it does. They say that the first time you have them it is sensible to see GP to check. Palpitations are a common feature of anxiety and are very upsetting. I had a similar bout of palpitations last night also when watching TV! Out of the blue as you say which makes it more annoying and unsettling. The only thing I can offer apart from sympathy is reassurance that I have had them on and off for many years and am still here! I know if I can relax a bit and distract myself it helps. I wish you all the best
    • Posted

Im always worry about my palpitations that will make me a heart attack,but now when i read you wow just wanted say thanks for sharing it.
    • Posted

It's a pleasure. Even if it makes you feel a bit more accepting of these pesky palpitations it will ease them. Thanks for saying thanks! I feel good that it was helpful. Having anxiety can be a very lonely thing to go through. All the best
  • Posted

It did not come out of nowhere. You sub conscious is thinking away. It feels like it came of nowhere but it didnt. The mind body connection is huge. The mind is the controller of all the anxiety and it builds through self talk and negative thoughts. Sometimes hearing other stress you absorb it as your own. Its a very sensitive thing. It sucks. All of us are very very aware of our bodies but few are aware of our thoughts or how our munds are debilitaing us. I have had this and its real and the heart pals are happening but whats behind it thats causing it is where yiu need to delve. Cbt is fantastic its a waste if you dont listen and learn from it. I got an audiobook and listened everyday for a minth because i know anxiety bullies and the focus shifts too much so keep listening to audio book and search mind body healing. Obviously be sure you have a physical as well. Over time this intense anxiety will manifest disease be uase its horrible wear and tear on the body. Stress causes most illness but if you learn its core reasons you will be calmer.
    • Posted

Hi. Whilst you are right when you say that our mind controls our thoughts and thus anxious thoughts can cause palpitations, it is also right to say they happen out of nowhere. What sarah means, I think, is that she is watching TV, feeling reasonably safe and calm, and bingo palpitations occur!! That is the scarey part. Yes they are caused by our negative thoughts but can express themselves later on. Don't dismiss that. All the best to you
  • Posted

I was wondering this same thing!! I mostly notice them when I am starting to panic but then once in a while I having them seemingly out of nowhere but then of course that makes me panic!! It's usually just one or two noticeable beats and then regular but Incan go into a tailspin of panic from an upset stomach which I then worry will cause me to get sick at work and so on and so forth....

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.