heart palpitations

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi I have been having palpitations since October last year doctor says they are nothing to worry about I was wondering if anyone knows if its ok to anadin extra for muscle pain when you have palpitations I'm unsure because they contain caffeine

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi

I had terrible palpitations which were investigated and a cause couldnt be found, I cut out caffeine completely which stopped them, I think anadin extra do have caffeine in, I find that ibuprofen give me palpitations too. I would recommend co enzyme q10, I feel fabulous on them and no longer have to take pills for hypertension

• Posted

Thanks for your help glad your feeling better i think i will stay clear of anadin i also only drink 1 cup of tea a day surely that can't be causing it can it
  • Posted

Hi kelly

it depends on now sensitive you are to caffeine, try de caf tea bags you soon get used to them and de caf

coffee, look out for other stuff too, I find chocolate has the same effect and alcohol is terrible, when I go out I only have one drink, steer clear of coke etc. Its a nuisance but well worth it.

• Posted

Glad that seems to be doing the trick. however, if they persist or come back you it might be an idea to go

back to the doctors and insist on having further tests. I went back and forth to the doctors for some time and was told "it's nothing to worry about". I was sent to a cardiologist and was told " I'll send you for some test to prove you there's nothing wrong with you". In the end I proved him wrong and was told I had heart failure. It was left ventricular systolic dysfunction. Now with the right medication I still get palpitations but they are not so bad. I felt like a fraud at first!!

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.