Heart palpitations

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi 2 days ago I was brought to A&E by my employer as I started to feel very unwell. I hadn't been feeling the best for a couple of days just felt slightly odd for want of a better word. But Saturday was different my heart was skipping beats a Few times a minute and racing and slowing I was also breathless and filled with fear. I also had random pains in my breasts and back not huge pains but like a dull ache or slightly burning feeling along with a pain in my right shoulder. They did x-rays,bloods and ecgs and said it was all normal. Even though I could feel the skipped beats for hours while lying in A&E. They discharged me and said they will follow up with a holster monitor..  Dr said it could be a panic attack but he's not convinced it was other than that he said if it happens again just let it happen only come back if it is accompanied with a lot of chest pain. I have continued to have random pains all around my chest area and my right shoulder is still sore but the skipped beats and racing heart has stopped. 

ps my mum died 7 weeks ago from svt

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

Hello, That is always scary. I've personally had panic attacks for years and that sounds exactly like one. My unprofessional advice is if your in doubt about your heart, see a cardiologist and they will do all necessary test then there won't be any doubt.

I have been a heart patient for 9 years in the U.S.. My heart situation had nothing to do with my panic attacks or Anxiety.

My Aortic valve was bad so they replaced it. I know hundreds of people who has skipping heart beats. My Cardioligist said they are rarely fatal.

Sounds like your headed in the right direction, but it sounds like your heart is good.

I wish you all the best!!

• Posted

Thanks for commenting. Have asked my gp for a referral to a cardiologist. The crazy thing is my gp told me in January to lose weight as my cholesterol was 6.9. She actually aid lose weight or don't see your kids grow up. So I did I've lost over 3st and am now in the normal bmi range like she wanted now I have palpitations and chest pain. My  dad just told me my family think that it's stress and grief that I just went back to normal when mum died too quickly. 

I've had panic attacks before and they never felt like that they wouldm ake me hyperventilate and cry. 

• Posted

I too went to GP with ectopic heart beats.She listened to my heart and took my pulse and said all fine and not to worry (she did know I had heart attack 2014.Two weeks later had another heart attack but atleast the ectopic were no more afterwards (maybe my heart decided to reset itself-will never know)☺
  • Posted

Did you discuss with the Doctor your moms Svt death as some types are inherited and you need further testing since you really haven't been feeling well lately. How old are you and did they give you any medication to take?
    • Posted

Yes spoke to the Dr about the svt he said it wasn't hereditary. My mum's svt was brought on by long term steroid use for copd. I'm 37 and also have suspected fibromyalgia
    • Posted

Also I should maybe point out that my daughter hit by a car 8 weeks ago and my sister had a traumatic birth resulting in my nephew being extremely sick 3 weeks ago. 

• Posted

Your comment about the suspected fibfrmyalgia raised a red flag for me! Have you been treated with an antibiotic in the last 12 months? Does your fibro manifest itself with tendonitis?
    • Posted

Yes I was given erythromycin last November for a chest infection. Not sure about tendonitis my joints hurt and become weak and I have all the tender points. Along with chronic pain in my right shoulder.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.