Heart Palpitations

Posted , 13 users are following.

So ive been suffering with heart palpitations everyday for the last 3 months. I had my bloods tested for all the usual reasons...anemia, thyroid, infection etc. All came back clear. I increased my water intake and removed all caffeine. I don’t drink alcohol, don’t smoke and don’t do drugs. Yes I’m obese but slowly losing weight and exercising 4 times a week. Wore a 48 hour ecg monitor and that showed up both atrial and ventricular ectopic bears and sinus tachycardia. We discovered I had high blood pressure so it was assumed that once that is controlled the palpitations would stop..they haven’t. I’ve been prescribed Bisopropol (Betablocker) and it’s reduced my BP to a healthy level. The doctor referred me to a cardiologist as it’s really affecting me not knowing what’s causing it but he’s refused to see me as he feels no additional time investigational treatment is required!!!! The only stress I have in my life is caused by this situation and having no answers as to why I experience heart palpitations. It frightens me! Any advice please?

0 likes, 25 replies

25 Replies

Prev
  • Posted

Hi

6 months- thats disgrceful?? very poor service indeed.- Its like that with me.When I went to the hospital to start me n treatment Id discussed with the consultant there -they suggested I go to the combined clinic -so when i got an appointment -its not while 7th July.I made a phone call to complain & mention the circumstances & all the hospital said was all of the earlier appointment s are booked up as its a 2 month clinic & I was on the next clinic month which is July.I made a request that if there was n earlier cancellation Id take that one but I very much doubt that wil happen so my mum has written a letter of complaint to the hospital -to be signed for

• Posted

Ahh that's rubbish, such a long wait! Always worth asking/complaining rather than just accept how things are. I don't think they realise how scary heart issues can be.

• Posted

Ive phoned up the hospital to put my concerns forward & made it clear that I feel it is illogical when the doctor at the respiratory clinic wants to get me started on medication ASAP that I havent been given a more urgent appointment. My mum has also written a letter voicing her concerns too. Ive made a request that if they have a cancellation thats a lot earlier to let me know immediately

• Edited

Hi smudge.

i have been getting the same thing for the last couple months as well,

i have had a eco,ecg,blood work ,heart monitor for 4 days, and an mri done on my arteries and still no answers, try not to panic when they happen makes it worse etc,

its a crazy feeling.

take care

• Posted

Hi, I've now had them daily for 15 months. Managed to have a Eco and it didn't show anything up. My consultant is not overly concerned by them so its something I have to live with. I wish I knew why they are happening. I definitely don't panic anymore as so used to them! hope you get some answers soon.:-)

• Posted

My grandfather also experienced that a few weeks ago and sometimes with what he eats so experiences. But it is good to still checkup with the doctor.

• Posted

Hi. I know this is an old thread but I too have been having palpitations for months. I cleaned up my diet, stopped the few supplements I was taking (fish oil, Vit. D), had thyroid levels checked (hyperthyroidism will cause palpitations). My Dr. wanted to put me on anxiety meds and I told him no. I also switched from chemical filled soaps and shampoos to natural products. One morning as I layed in bed I realized no palpitations! Got up, had decaf coffee as usual...nothing. Ate breakfast...nothing. Took a shower and a few min. after I was out, there they were - palpitations. I am currently trying to figure what exactly is the cause but all the natural products I switched to are coconut based. Every one of them! And all the old products I ditched also contained coconut in one form or another. There are almost 2 pages worth of coconut based ingredients that I never knew contained coconut. It's in everything and goes by numerous names. Google it and see.

I just wanted to offer the idea that it might be something to look into. There could be something you have a sensitivity to as our bodies absorb all the stuff we put on it from soap, shampoos, lotions, etc.

• Posted

Hi, I tend to use products such as Childs Farm that don't contain nasty chemicals anyway.

Update - I have experienced palpitations for over 3 years and still don't know why.

I've now developed Arrhythmia/Atrial Fibrillation. A referral was done to Cardiology but yet again I was refused an appointment saying this doesn't need to be investigated. So basically have no answers to what's going on in my body.

• Edited

i can't imagine how you must be feeling having palpitations for so long. i have only had mine since Sunday and ended up going to A&E on Wednesday because i had worried myself that much i ended up getting chest pains

i got all the test done, bloods, ECG, BP etc and they all came back ok. ive been told to get a 24 hr ECG from the Doctor but its a 16 week wait list so ive decided to go privately.

if it was a twitch in my leg i wouldn't be as bothered but with it being my heart, im not willing to risk anything

• Posted

its coming up yo 4 years and still having them on a daily basis. Still no answers as to why.

Hope you get answers soon.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.