Heart palpitations after eating

Posted , 9 users are following.

How do you know if you suffer from anxiety? Lately I get either flutters in my chest or sometimes even little pains. It's usually after I eat. I am about 65 pounds over weight. Twenty of that is just in a year after hysterectomy. I do have high blood pressure as well. I know I need to loose weight, but whenever I do much, the ole heart starts racing and it scares me.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I get that too. Especially after I've consumed certain foods, such as eating out at my local Chinese restaurant. I was told it's the preservatives and MSG in food(s). When I eat things such as raw fruits or veggies I don't seem to get them or a racing heartbeat. How long does it usually last for you? Is it like for an hour or so after you eat or does it last longer?

• Posted

I wonder if just by eating it causes gas, because I always experience that at the same time. I do not eat very much, for example for dinner tonight I had only tuna and a small dish of pineapple. still felt the little pangs followed by gas. 
  • Posted

Here's what's up: Anxiety makes you hypervigilant. ALWAYS REMEMBER THAT! I experience the same thing you are talking about here. After I eat, I feel like my heart, chest is different. But I only feel this because I'M FOCUSING ON IT!! I've gotten multiple EKGs, Heart Ultra Sound, Stress Test, All have came back negative. Anxiety sucks. Rest assured that you are not alone. When ever this happens to me I have to tell my self that I'M FINE! 

• Posted

I have never been told I have anxiety, hmmm maybe I do. My son once told me I worry so much, I would be worried the goldfish would drown. Lol
  • Posted

Our hearts sometimes, as we get older will start up palpitations after food. You could try eating slower and masticate your food well before swallowing. Also do not stand and walk away from the table take time, that will help digestion.

I am over weight and have my blood pressure checked about four times a year because of my Chronic condition. My readings are generally around 128/83 approx.

If you feel the need and you are over 65 Statins can help lower blood pressure. Discuss those with your GP.

With my disability I have problems helping in the garden. It is not my heart that is my problem it is medications and weakness caused by them. At the moment I am suffering Gout in my RHS big toe. all part of my disability, I am 66.

Good Luck

BOB 

• Posted

Hi,

Just in response to your weight loss, I lost 26kgs in under a year and that was from changing the food I ate. I went to the gym heaps and tried exercising but the weight wouldn't go. I did no exercise and changed the way I ate and the weight fell off (I did weight watchers and stuck to it religiously)

The heart palpitations I get a lot. And especially if I'm focusing on it. I might not have any for a few weeks, and think to myself "yay they've gone" then I guarantee they will start up that day just because I'm thinking about it. So try not to focus on it if it is the anxiety. Or if you're worried, go see your gp. I've had an echocardiogram and everything is fine. It will give you peace of mind.

Sarah

• Posted

Hey there.

I think this is pretty much a normal response as I get that as well especially when I'm really full. Nothing to worry about here just normal stuff.

Take care,

AKM

• Posted

Usually getting palpitations after eating food is due tot eh gas in your stomache you could ask your doctor for something to calm that down but it happens to everyone there is nothing to worry about smile

• Posted

Hi Gwanny.

After a few years of research on myself having racing heart and palpitations after eating I have found that it is GMO products. I dont eat out now and I only eat fresh fruit veg and some meats and seafood.

Most processed foods have some form of GMO in them.

I live in Australia, not sure where you are but get familiar with GMO ingredients.

To name a few. Glucose syrup, corn syrup, maltodextrin, citric acid, xantham gum, vegetable gum etc. I hope this helps you.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.