Heart palpitations all the time citalopram

Posted , 5 users are following.

My heart seems to constantly race even at rest it's pounding hard with lots of ectopics is it worth it to keep taking citalopram if this is the way it's affecting me I'm on 10 mg for almost four weeks? I'm getting concerned now

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

I have the same issue, I had a event monitor for a month and they did not found anything despite sinus taticardia , which doctor said nothing to worry and prescribe me xanan as neeeded! But still bothering me to much, resting hr is 90-100 and when I move increase till 130! I'm worried too still with the reassurance of the doct 😕

• Posted

I am in the same boat, my heart resting is usually high like yours in the 90's, but when I'm nervous like taking a test or being out in public, or even getting up to go to the bathroom it shoots up and pounds out of my chest. I've gotten all normal results back from the doctor. I hate this feeling as well and the xanax does not work to bring my heart rate down. Sincerely desparate to not feel this way anymore.

• Posted

I was yesterday in er with chest pain , high hr ,palpitations,they did ekg blood work X-ray all normal but still today I feel super weak ,tight chest nausea I want to run one more time to hospital but I don't know

• Posted

Make an appointment for before Christmas, it may be your GP will want to increase your dose.

Good Luck

B.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.