Heart Palpitations and central chest pain

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi there

2 weeks ago (last weekend in November), after a stressful week at work, I overindulged in alcohol on the Saturday night.

On the Sunday Morning I woke up feeling a bit delicate, but by lunchtime, I had a sensation that my heart was beating louder and faster than normal and I was naturally worried.

This continued into Monday and Tuesday so I saw a Doctor on the Tuesday. he conducted various tests; pulse rate, listened to chest and lungs, oxygen rate, blood pressure and all were fine.

I had an ECG the next day and that too was fine.

The following (last) week I had a full panel of blood tests; all fine with the exception of Neutrophils, which were fractionally low.

The chest issues, which were accompanied by some fatigue, had subsided by this point, but fast forward to the weekend just gone and exactly the same issue; a few too many beers leads to a carbon copy of the previous situation.

Again, this has lingered on but today, when out walking, I felt a brief tightness in the chest and pain up and down both arms.

Having spoken to the GP on the phone, he is not too concerned based on the previous episode from 2 weeks ago and the resulting test outcomes.

Has anyone had any similar experiences, or any idea what this might be. As I say, the only obvious trigger seems to be a few drinks, but unlike a hangover, these symptoms are lingering on.

thanks

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

try to quit for a month and breathing deeply getting oxygen to your body .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.