Heart palpitations during sleep before periods

Posted , 8 users are following.

Hi i’m 18 years old and have developed symptoms such as heart palps and flutters,insomnia,lack of sleep,backaches, and anxiety. I read all of these responses and see it is normal for women. I’ve started taking magnesium everynight before bed about three days ago but it doesn’t seem to help with the fluttering heart as much. Sometimes during these few days before my periods i fall asleep at night but wake up with a jolt out of nowhere. Is this all normal?

1 like, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

Hi Kendall everything your describing is symtomatic of menapause but for some of your age it doesn't seem normal. It could be hormone related but if I was you I would get it checked out by a doctor xx

• Posted

Hi Kendall, you’re not likely perimeno at 18, sounds more like anxiety related which could make your hormones surge. Eating disorders can bring this on too. Some viruses. Call the doc!
  • Posted

Hello 

I will contact the doctor to make sure I get them but I’m 48yrs old. Just see the doctor and they probably will do a ekg . Good luck to you and I’m sure is nothing but have it check out. ♥️

• Posted

Kendall, for your age what you’re describing seems much more like anxiety to me. It could be hormone related if it’s happening near your period, but very doubtfully Peri unless there’s something off with your overuse at a very young age. 

My son had all of these symptoms you’re describing, he was very young, and it was anxiety which he’s dealt with most of his life, he’s 23 now.

Don’t fret- go to the doctors and get a simple checkup. When my son went they did ekg and checked blood etc and he was done, other than the anxiety. Which can definitely be tough but you’ll be ok :-) 

The good thing here is that When you do hit this stage of your life honey you will already have a little info since you read this board! 

• Posted

Kendall, many things can cause anxiety in someone your age.  For one thing, you are still an adolescent who system is trying to get up and running.  At this point in time that best advice I can offer is to be good to your body.  Eat a really healthy diet, get in be by 10 pm every night, take a good multi vitamin, reduce your stress as much as possible, get some exercise but don't over due it, cut back on any sugar your are eating, drink plenty of water, be around people who you enjoy and are fun.  Do everything possible to support your body and give yourself a break. Doing a physical and some standard blood work with a physician would be a good idea.  But I think all these things I mentioned will help you more than any medication out there.  

There are plenty of changes going on in your body at age 18.  It takes the body time to adjust to all of it, and get to a well coordinate system.  So help yourself, and support your system.    

• Posted

Check your thyroid. It might be hyper. If not you may ave spring allergies. This is exactly how I react to allergens in the air.
  • Posted

I think your symptoms are likely anxiety , have you spoken to a doctor about your symptoms, really hard at your age . 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.