Heart Palpitations & Ectopic Beats

Posted , 4 users are following.

hey all,

So my anxiety is completely off the charts! I ended up having a severe reaction to Sertraline & it was honestly the worst experience/week of my life! I have never felt so mentally and physically unwell and I am certain I developed Serotonin Syndrome I had to stay in Hospital!

Long story short for the 7 days I was on them I developed pretty bad Ectopic Beats. For anyone who does not know it is a palpitation where your heart adds an extra beat so then the next beat takes a little longer to come and when it does come its like a big THUD in your chest! It is a horrible sensation and feels like a fish flipping around in your chest.

Since coming off the tablets 9 days ago I am still experiencing these Ectopics and mainly at night at rest however today I actually had a Panic Attack where my heart was racing as it usually would during an attack however I also had LOADS of Ectopics during the actual panic attack which made it SO MUCH WORSE!

I have been referred to a Cardiologist for some tests to see my heart in more detail! From what I have read it does seem common that people with anxiety get these sort of palps and I wanted to know if any of you also get them and if so how many per day & do they also come on during a Panic Attack too?

Thanks! 😃

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I get these beats . Some days 100x some days 2. Some days zero .They have been more frequent lately . I tried changing diet and still got them .

• Posted

Did you ever see anyone about them? I'm due to have a scan of my heart and then a 3 day heart monitor

• Posted

i have the same problem and its scaring me so much, keep getting scared i will die:'( scaring me

• Posted

Have you seen anyone about them?

• Posted

I have them constantly. How old are you?

• Posted

I'm 24. Have you seen anyone about them? They're so annoying!

• Posted

yeah ive seen a cardioligist and currently have a monitoring device on

• Posted

Did they seem concerned? I have a 3 Day Monitor coming on Tuesday, fun times lol!

• Posted

yes i have had echo , 3 week holter. nothing serious they say i just have a fast heart rate and palpiataions not caused by heart issue

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.