Heart palpitations, leg pain, fainting, etc

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hi,

I have been diagnosed as having a hole between the two chambers of the heart. My doctor put me on metoprolol xl to slow down the palpitations. I am wondering if anyone has this problem & suffers any of the following symptoms; severe chest pain, nausea, dizziness with fainting, leg pain, breathing problems? I do have autoimmune diseases (sjogrens) so I know that having autoimmune diseases intensify the heart issues. I am just concerned that it is possible there could be something more severe going on. 

0 likes, 7 replies

7 Replies

• Posted

On it for afib to slow the heart. Had no symptoms until a recent one..dizziness...felt faint. not sure if from panic. standing up to quickly..not eating enough or heart condition. Do not know anything more..
    • Posted

Hi Betty. I was having dizzy spells on Metoprolol. My heart rate was slowing right down. I told my cardiologist had a 48 hr holter and it showed l had developed sinus node disease and had to have a pacemaker immediately. Dont want to scare you but its safest to get it checked out.
    • Posted

you developed sinus node from the meds? I have sinus node disease but never told I had to have a pacemaker. 
    • Posted

Hi Betty. No the meds didn't cause it. He said it is like a sister condition that sometimes goes with AF. If you haven't needed a pacemaker that's good, although you don't really notice you have it. No one on this forum has really discussed it before so l don't really know how common the two together is.

• Posted

Told that early on ..then no one told me that after...thoroughly confused.
  • Posted

Hi there, I was born with a hole in my heart called a ventricular septal defect. It was fixed when I was just 3 years old. I am now 58. I have lived a normal healthy life. I even gave birth to twin boys 28 years ago. I also have Mitra valve prolapse with regurgitation and A Fib. I guess I'm lucky as I don't have any symptoms except with the A Fib and they can be brutal with that. Today having a hole in the heart surgery is still serious however it is much more mainstream and very common compared to when I had mine done 50 something years ago. It might be worth a try to check out the FODMAP diet. I've always had palpitations as far back as I can remember. This new diet has helped sooo much with both palpitations and A Fib. And it's non invasive.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.