Heart Palpitations or Covid-19

Posted , 7 users are following.

So my heart has been palpitating for about 2 hours straight now. Im not sure at what point should I be getting concerned. I dont feel bad but the palpitations are overwhelming considering its 11:30 at night and ive been trying to fall asleep. Im also more worried now because a friend of mine who got Covid-19 states her symptoms started off with a racing heart. please give me some advice.. i do suffer from anxiety but this is unusual for me right now

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

hi BB this is a very stressful time, I get palpitations almost for everyday, it's scary but in most cases not harmful at at all. did you have it checked it. all our anxiety is through the roof now, I'm in South Africa and have only been on lockdown for 1 week and it is insane. I try and not watch too much news and if you like me, when some1 tells me their symptoms I most of the time also get it, the power of the mind is strong and play so many tricks, especially with the anxiety sufferers. please try and do your breathing exercises, I'm sending you mega hugs and let me know if their is anything I can help with, even if it is just an ear. keep strong you can do this

• Posted

thank you so much! i think i mightve intensified my own symptom bc i just thought of how bad her covid got her, shes recovering now but i dont want to experience it at all. shes a nurse so maybe thats why hers was more intense, probably over exposure idk. but shes young, younger than me. im 27 with no health issues whatsoever besides this racing mind of mine. im just ready for this lockdown Nd Covid to be over!!!!!

• Posted

I am very anxious over this whole situation as well and I've been getting heart palpitations lately too. Mostly at night when I'm in bed.

One way you can stop it is to either distract yourself or a short while, or try a breathing exercise. Look up the 4-7-8 exercise on Google.

One thing you might unconsciously do is you breath to the rythm of the perceived heartbeat, which leads to fast and shallow breathing. Try to disrupt this rythm by taking longer deeper breaths through your diaphgragm.

• Posted

same for me last night 2am woke up fast heart beat and shaking in panic heart beat 160 and high bp so my boyfriend took me a&e i had all the tests ecg bloods chest x ray all fine doctor said i have tonsilitus and gave me antibiotics got home at 7am but just trying to relax last 2 hours i can feel my heart racing i put my fit bit watch on which is usually around75-85 and its going up to 112 its in the zone were it thinks im exercising and im just sat still so worried now feel like going back a&e

• Posted

Which country do you live in? I'm surprised A&E will actually look at you at the moment.

In the Netherlands we have a very tough situation. You literally cannot get any help unless you have very severe Covid-19 symptoms.

• Posted

im in the uk ours are trying to keep people away for minor things but if its things like heart and chest they will take you in

• Edited

Hey,

i had the exact same thing last week! I was obsessively reading every little thing related to coronavirus & especially the "heart" related issues. Cannot tell you how much of a state i worked myself up to. Tight chest, dizzy, heart palpatations, racing heart, week body, "sore throat" every corona "symptom" except the cough or fever!

I was convinced i had corona. Well its been about 10 days now and I am still healthy with no cough or fever. Anxiety is powerful. You will KNOW if you are truly unwell, just like every other virus you may have had in the past. Theres no ifs or guess work, you'll just feel ill.

Hope you feel better xx

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.