Heart palpitations scared as hell.

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello there. My name is Alex I’m a 19 year old female fairy slim weigh 120 pounds height is 5’4. I’ve been dealing with heart palpitations for several months now but have recently been experiencing a lot more. I’ve had heart echos ekgs chest cts holter moniters X-rays and blood test. So far everything normal. But I’ve been having this problem that I’ve been getting a lot of heart palpitations lately. There really scary they feel strong and forceful I feel them in my chest and throat and sometimes even my lower abdomen. This morning I was doing a light workout. I was doing some squats. I’m only like 12 squats in when I suddenly start feeling heart palpitations every few beats. And my heart rate was high. I’m very scared I don’t want to have a heart arrhythmia or a heart attack or stroke. I’ve seen cardiologist in the past and they dismissed me. But like I said my heart palpitations are more frequently now. Someone please help 😢😢

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

I feel like I can’t breathe for a split second when I experience them. They take my breath away when I get them. Someone please help I am a mother of 3 lil boys I don’t wanna die and leave them all alone. Also I DONT drink or smoke or take caffeine. 
  • Posted

How high was your heart rate?  Did the palpitations happen when you had the holter monitor on?  Whats your BP?  
    • Posted

I’m not sure how high my heart rate was but it was beating pretty fast. And my blood pressures are normal when I’m not anxious 
  • Posted

Sorry to hear how this is affecting you Alex be sure there is nothing wrong everyone gets these but do not feel it happening , meaning they don't get anxious about it if you have had all the tests rest assured you are fine .. ok have you a thyroid problem as this can be a symptom for ectopic beats ..could be worth you having that checked . This how mine started alex ,i don't worry about them now and guess what i don't feel them half as much .though i do have heart problems and take meds but if they have not found any tracing problems you must be ok.. anxiety is the worst which i was told by my cardio dr. try to get it out of your mind you have had all the  scans etc nothing showed up so be grateful for that ...wish mine showed up normal results alex . please try to chil out x  

• Posted

Yes my thyroid has been checked and it is okay. And yes that’s wat all drs and cardiologist have told me 😕 but they have never done a stress test so they wouldn’t know how my heart reacts 😕

• Posted

My Ectopic beats feel like that, like somebody snatched your breath away. Have you experienced them whilst being connected to a medical profession ECG? In my case, I never got them whilst being professionally monitored so I was dismissed as well, but also like you, they were becoming more frequent and stronger so I bought my own hand held ECG machine so I could take my own reading when ever I got the symptoms. Below this post, you will see a little image box, click on it to open it and see one of the ecg graphs I took, the big spikes co-coincided with feeling my breath snatched away. So I now had something to show the cardiologists who right away took me seriously. My ectopic beats gradually became more frequent until they all joined together and I had Ventricular Tachycardia so whilst probably not serious in your case, it is worth checking out so that at least a cardiologist can see what your ecg looks like whilst you are having the symptoms. The machine I bought from Amazon was around £150 called a "Prince 180B", I have compared it to the ECG readings I see in my ambulance rides and it reads the same.

• Posted

Hello how old r u btw? And I am taking into consideration of buying one now.  And I have had ectopic beats in my ekgs but lil ones that I wasn’t even aware of. Now there big and feel really forceful 😕

• Posted

Hi Alex, I will be 59 next month.

My first appointment regarding my current condition was Sept 2014, they still haven't identified what I have or done anything about it apart from confirm and ablate the Ventricular Tachycardia. But you can add a tear or two onto how long its been as I remember my friends girlfriend telling me to go to a doctor for ages before I did.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.