Heart palpitations/sharp pain in heart for 7 years after Salmonella Infection.

Posted , 1 user is following.

Hello!!

This is my first post on here! So I will just get right to it. I am a 25 year old male, I am fit, I exercise 5 days a week, and I eat very clean. I take no medications. I also have not been to a doctor for a wellness exam in 9 years, since I was 16.

When I was 18 years old, I got Salmonella food poisoning. I vomited at least 40-50 times in 8 hours. After 5 or so it was just stomach bile. Most of them were just violent dry heaves with a small amount of stomach bile. Until the last 10 or so and that is when blood started coming out. I had become so dehydrated that I could bot stand up and my jaw locked shut and I could not open my mouth. After 12 hours of this with zero water, I went to the emergency room. By that point, all of the blood vessels in my eyes had popped from the pressure and they were blood red. When I went in, my temp was low, at 96.5 F (35.83 C) and my heart rate was 150 BPM. Also my blood pressure was actually low. They ran 6 bags of saline through an IV to get me hydrated and gave me pain and anti-nausea meds. 8 hours later I left and was feeling much better. And I slept for 16 hours haha.

Shortly after i noticed I would get heart palpitations and a sharp chest pain occassionally. Not all the time. Sometimes it would not happen for weeks at a time. And then I would have a day where it would happen a lot. It has been on and off like that for 7 years now. I dont have any other weird things happening and I am healthy all things considered. But it is still there every now and again. I have never got it checked out by a doctor or even seen a general doctor for a checkup in 9 years. Should I get this check out? Its been years and it has not caused any problems, more of just an occasional discomfort. I just dont want to get any tests done that will be pointless if it is nothing.

0 likes, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.