heart palpitations with DD?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Special thanks to Felinia, but actually to all of the folks posting on this forum for your amazing insights, experiences, and suggestions in dealing with this pesky DD condition. I have a question: Has anyone experience heart palpitations associated with DD, especially at a time when a flare may be starting? 

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

I do know your blood pressure goes haywire because your body is trying to fight the disease.
  • Posted

Do you know you are having heart palpitations because your doctor actually told you? It scares me sometimes when I read some of the questions people ask here instead of consulting their physicians.
  • Posted

Can't help you on this one.  I did notice my heart had started missing beats, so I immediately got it checked out by my doctor, had an ECG and was told missed beats were normal for someone of my age.  So if you have symptoms, do go to your doctor.

• Posted

Hi,

A short while ago I had a mild flare up. I followed Felinas good advice and thankfully it settled before even the antibiotics stage. It’s funny though as I was also getting skipped beats just before and a during that flare up and now the flare  cleared and back to normal they have gone completely. In my case because I’m quite a ‘health anxious’ person I’m sure it could have been to do with being anxious about and during the flare up as anxiety can trigger palpitation. I agree with Felina though had my palpitations carried on I would have checked it out with my GP.

• Posted

I've reached out to my cardiologist about this, but it's either a strange coincidence or there's some connection between DD flare up and rapid thumping/heartbeat. Yesterday when I was having a mild flare up, I had the rapid heartbeat; today, no pain in the gut and no rapid heartbeat either. My daughter is an RN, and says that pain of any type can cause an increase in heart rate and blood pressure. 

• Posted

Seems like what happened to me. My nephew is a Dr and agrees anxiety pain etc can definitely cause rapid heartbeat and palpitations. He said they are usually nothing to worry about unless accompanied by other symptoms ie chest pain,breathlessness  dizziness etc. I know mine are caused by getting anxious. Even if I’m not anxious at the time I usually find they come when I’ve been in pain or anxious about something. You are doing the right thing having it checked out but sure you are fine. 
  • Posted

Yep due to being anxious ,worried, and in any kind of pain. But definitely seek Dr opinion. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.