Heart Palplitations

Posted , 4 users are following.

I have A Fib and when my Doctor put me on 240 mg of diltiazem I started to have heart papitations at night. They have gotten worse. and allow me only a few hours of sleep a night. I have started taking Cataplex B a supplement for my A Fib. and since taking it have only had 2 episodes of A Fib since July which is 5 months. My Doctor wants to put me on Flecainide and Metpropol for the palpitations, but after reading the side effects I  this cure is  frightening. Does anyone have a alternative to the palpitations  I have been off the Diltiazem since October but the palpitations continue. Help

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi. I understand your reservations as I too wasn't too sure if it was a good idea or not. I've been on just 50mg flecainide for a few months now and have seen a vast improvement, with only a couple of relatively minor episodes since starting. But before starting make sure you have heart scan and a stress test. Insist if needed! They do have some side effects but so do most drugs.

• Posted

My issue is that I have side effects from almost every drug, Cardizam is what caused my palpitations and now seems to be a permanent side effect. My afib is pretty well under control with a homeopathic treatment.
    • Posted

Well if a homeopathic remedy is controlling it for you I would just stick to that rather than take flecainide.

• Posted

I am on Flecainide for AFib.

I take half a tablet each morning and have had only two short episodes in last 3 months. My GP has advised me that when an episode occurs I should take 2 tablets of Flecainide and one Altenol tablet.  I have done this for each of the two recent episodes and have returned to normal rhythm after 3-4 hours.

I also take Apixaban.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.