heart palpls

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hey guys well lately in the past month I started having this sensation of my heart skipping g a beat first it started non stop I probably had like 500 a day I was scared because I was feeling dizzy weak at times.i decided to go to the ER and they did basic blood work and an ECG but te very thing was normal my doc said to still go to my family doctor if symptoms presisted. They continued for a week and I went with my family doctor and she ordered another ecg and even more blood work and everything again came back normal. She still recommend me to the cardiologist but I have the appointment in 2 weeks !! Now I don't feel the heart palps as much as I use too the first few weeks I have like maybe 20 a day now some are just weak and others are intense that I get scared and gasp for air. Also sometimes I feel my face head feels hot from the inside and feel dizzy at times. During my workout my heart skips also intense more I feel skip beats and sometimes an extra thump ,when I cu the weights I get lightheaded maybe to much weight? Am I worrying to much??

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Dear pyro

Sorry to hear about your heart.

I don't think you can worry too much but of course that can make things feel worse.

Try and take reassurance from your test results and maybe ease up on the workouts because physical exertion certainly make mine worse.

Good luck

Gap

• Posted

Im sorry to hear that you are feeling that way. I understand completely what you are experiencing. Im only 27 and i have those symptoms as well. Im 5'7 and 130 lbs so its not like im over weight. I eat very healthy and also on a gluten free diet. I only eat organic and natural foods and have very minimal sugar intake. I also dont drink and i dont drink anything with caffine. So basically, i strive to live a healthy lifestyle. I too experience thumps, quivers, and skipped beats on and off all day long. Though the docs tell me indigestion and heart does not relate, I feel the heart symptoms more when i have indigestion problems like gerd. Ive been having this for 6 months now. In the past 6 months, ive had 10 ekgs (one 3 weeks ago), echocardiogram, stress test, 48 hour holter monitor, blood work 4 times and everything checked out fine. The doctor told me i was very healthy and my chances of suddenly dying of cardiac problems is almost 0 and that i should worry more about getting hit by a bus lol. That being said, i also experience dizziness, chest pains, shortness of breath, and even have to cough sometimes. I can also feel my heart stop for a few secs as well. But everything is medically fine. I feel that they get worse when i think about them or stress over them. My advice is to relax when it happens. The doctor told me this happens to everyone and alot of people have them. Its just somethings we just have to live with. Please keep me posted on your doc visitssmile
    • Posted

Fyi, i still panick when it happens and my heart races. But i try to be calm...
  • Posted

Try to relax as you can read how many of us have very similiar events.  Yes, I too thought I was going to die when they 1st started buy you will not. I wish someone would find a cure and the gut has everything to do with them!  Keep posting.
    • Posted

Yup i just got one. It felt like my heart was fluttering and quivering and even stopped for a sec. Then a big burp came up after that. Im a pretty dainty girl too so for me to burp made me feel like a pig lol

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.