Heart palps and heart rate up some

Posted , 13 users are following.

Do any of you ladies go through stages of palps and heart rate in high 90's 100's. I ended ovulation week a few days ago and now I'm dealing with this again. I've had a full heart work up over a year ago everything was fine and normal when I was doing this before. I'm so fed up and I can't take the heat makes it worse I'm trying not to get back in the obsessingly checking heart rate but it's hard I'm not having anxiety at the moment

1 like, 16 replies

16 Replies

Next
  • Posted

Hi Pamela, I went through periods of irregular heart beats, palpatations and racing heart. It has to do with fluctuating hormones.

When  my heart started acting weird it was due to my estrogen levels being low. My doctor did a blood test and told me my estrogen levels were low. My doctor prescribed hormone therapy for me. After taking it for a short period, my heart calmed down

I only taking it when I truly need too. If I didn't I would not be able to stay focus on everyday stuff with my heart beating all over the place. 

Am post menopausal, no periods for 2 years.

• Posted

My heart rate does this. I had heart tests last year and year before and all was good. When I get those results I calm down, but when it happens again my mind jumps right to death!

I am getting better at talking myself off the ledge but it still happens. I switch to my Fitbit without the heart rate feature when I'm in anxiety mode.

• Posted

Katy - hee, hee! This is good advice on the Fitbit. I decided I was having a rough week with checking my heart rate nonstop so I put the Fitbit in the drawer, LOL! 
  • Posted

Hi Pamela, I experienced irregular heartbeat also. My heart would flutter, skip beats and race. I went to my doctor about the issue. My doctor did some blood work. It showed my hormones were real low. I am post menopausal 2 years no period.

My doctor prescribed medication to me to take for a short period of time.  After several days my heart calmed down.  I would like to tell you what  my doctor prescribed but my first response to you did not go through. I don't know why.

• Posted

Hi I am trying to reply to you Pamela about heart palpatations. Everytime I do this website blocks me.
  • Posted

Hi pamela, I am 2 years post menopausal now. I have experienced irregular heat beats also.

I would like to tell more about how I got mine under control thanks to my doctor. If I give anymore information, the website blocks me.

• Posted

Thanks ladies it's scary for sure

• Posted

Yes, this - and the anxiety it causes - is probably my most persistent symptom. I’m almost 2 years post-meno. I always had mild SVT, but about a year ago these racing heart episodes started up. Where svt lasted a few seconds these episodes would go for hours. The metoprolol I take for svt helps some. Until someone here mentioned it, I didn’t realize I was having hot flashes at the same time. I started to tie it to meno once so realized I’d gone a year without a period. Alcohol, caffeine and stress are my triggers - trying to limit all. These hot days make it worse too! Good luck! 

• Posted

I’ve also started logging symptoms on a calendar. I had flare ups at the same time of the month in June & July. Now I’m thinking it’s a cycle of sorts and my hormones are fluctuating at these times. 

• Posted

You should consider asking your doctor for a low dose beta blocker. It’s helped take the edge off for me. He told me adrenaline impacts the heart more without the normal level of estrogen we used to have. The beta blocker protects the heart from these adrenaline surges. 

• Posted

Hormones when they go up and down, your heart rate goes up and down. I would wake out of a dead sleep my hr would be in the 150s! I would feel so hot. It would last 5 or so minutes then gone. I had this happen for many months. All tests were negative. I realized it was the change. If it were dangerous you would know it by now. But, still get checked out and relaxe it really helps it WILL PASS. Breathe through it. Tell yourself your ok its when we panic our body just takes off.
  • Posted

HI Pamela, my resting beat ranges from 60-90. I had a colonoscopy last year and while I woke, the nurse told me my heart shot up to 140. (While sleeping!). My dad died at 42 if a heart attack.  I’m 41...been checked inside and out.  My cardio told me my heart is responding properly to whatever is setting it off to work harder...probably hormone surges.  😊

• Posted

Also if I am dehydrated, my heart goes cuckoo.  I’m assuming that was the case when i had the colonoscopy...(the prep cleanse) combined with the sedation.
  • Posted

Oh yes indeed! I would have a heart rate of over 90 just when waking up! I'd be like, how is that possible? I was constantly taking my bp and heart rate! Think anxiety just makes it worse. Try not to worry about it.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.