heart paps

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all i have been in primenopause since i was 36 and i am now 53 the last year has been the worse and the last few weeks i have had every day on and off the feeling that myheart has missed a beat  hope im coming to the end of perimenopause

1 like, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

You've been in menopause for 17 years? Omgosh.... you poor thing. Didn't realize if you are menopausal in your 30s it still lasts well into your 50's. Well glad it's your last year and you made it through. Congeats!

I'm just 50 now, and it started for me about a year or so ago around 49. so probably another 10 years for me. Can hardly wait. Having a lot of fun with if already. Mostly night sweats and dealing with mood swings, a little depression, dizziness, nowel issues, and some weight loss I can't seem yo get back. Occasional aches and pains, trouble sleeping. I worry everyday still that I have cancer somewhere even though I've been tested for all that. Knock on wood- I don't.

Hang in there Karen. Cingeats. you made it through.

• Posted

I understand we all have some odd symptoms during this time but honestly this is one of those that really should be checked out by an MD to be on the safe side. I have had those feelings as well, but did get cleared by a cardiologist to be certain. This is an very unstable time and most symptoms are pretty benign, but please have this one checked out. 

Seventeen years is certainly a long time to be perimenopausal. Sure hope things wrap up for you here soon.

Anniex

• Posted

Hi annie, it is strange i have only just started to have these heart palps i am near the end of peri ,j will get this checked next week my family have heart problems not because we are overweight we are all slim its a fault in our family ,i will check just to be sure .take care

karen x

• Posted

Hello Im a middle aged man who is divorced with 2 children who i live dearly.

My girlfriend ever since she went into perimenopausal she does not want sex even though I told her to take natural remidies(by the way she is a nurse). Our relationship has soared and we broke up. She did shift work and studied on top of that and she made me pay by breaking uo with her. For the last 4 years I was always patient with her and submissive because she lives by herself here in Australia and I am the only one she has who has stood by her. Also I went against my family to be woth her. i am writing this becasue I am sad and heartbroken

• Posted

Hi Karen, most women, including me, do not realize that small changes in their 30's are already related to peri...  A spotting before or after period, more or less lubrication, etc.  And yes, if we consider it,  peri may take many years - mine  has been going over 15 years.

About the heartbeat, YES, YES, YES.  I had something very heart-attack alike, could not breath, my heart was so irregular I could not count it, besides, my brain was foggy and I was confused.  Went to the doctor, he put me on a holter because he said I had skipped some heartbeats - nothing came up from that, my heart, even with all that irregular beating - was "normal" and the irregularities were considered minimal.  I noticed it happened just before my first delayed period and when I had the holter, I was much better and having my period.  Doctor was skilled enough to guess it was related to peri and said that in about one year I would be done - meaning post meno. NO, it is not the end itself but marks a closeness to the end  that may take some years - I am 2 years over that and still counting. 

Brace yourself, the heartbeat phase may take months, 6, 7...  And one day you wake up and do not feel that anymore. 

<3

>

>

• Posted

Thanks bella you have put my mind at rest understand more now thanks

karen x

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.