Heart pounding

Posted , 7 users are following.

Anyone can feel they heart pounding at night when trying to sleep..I could hear thumping when I'm on my left side when I turn on my right I can't hear that much. ..it's scary sometimes I think the worst I had a ECG last year was fine, anything sometimes tips off like cleaning or running up the stairs walking and so forth.

0 likes, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi, Maria,

Yes!  You are describing exactly what I’ve had for the last few days. I hear a ticking in my right ear when I’m trying to go to sleep.  I’m sure it’s hormone related. It seems to coincide with hormone fluctuations I can feel.  I’ve had many tests over the last year because of this and many other symptoms and everything points to perimenopause.  It’s very frustrating. 

• Posted

HI Sarah,  I get that ticking in my ears it use to be worst when I first started peri menopause, it goes away for a long time and come back, you would think you had clock ticking down there our Tinitus, I had all sorts from time time from fluttering to something want to block it for a few seconds I try not to run to the Dr's with everything that I experience but any pain in them or any where that cause for concern I will tell them, hope it disappears for us soon HUGS.

• Posted

I have this quite often, I notice it's worse right before or right after my period. It used to scare me out of my mind but after being checked for everything under the sun I know it's hormonal and I can deal with it a little better when it happens.

• Posted

I used to. But it went away. Just one day I noticed it wasn't happening anymore.

• Posted

HI, aren't you lucky yours disappear are you in Post meno,I will be in the next few weeks, every little thing set mine off Lol.

• Posted

Yes, I'm post menopausal. I had my last period November 2010. I had no symptoms until 2014. Heart pounding in ears was a early symptom.

• Posted

Maria,

Thank you for the reply.  I know we'll get through this.  Hopefully we'll be all be stronger from enduring these bizarre symptoms!  Hugs--Sarah

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.