Heart Pressure & Feeling Dizzy

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi all,

Just after some advice please on the below

Over the past 3 months I have been getting sharp pain on my heart which randomly comes and goes once I've given it a massage for 10-minutes.

I haven't thought about getting it checked out by the doctor until recently when I was out for a walk with my 4 year old son we stopped to look at some toy cars through a window and whilst standing there I felt like I was going to collapse. My first thought was to carry on walking to where there was a crowd of people in case I collapsed then at least I'll get some help. After starting to walk my legs felt heavy and chest felt tingling. 5 minutes of walking and the pain eased off.

That night ( 1 week ago on the Wednesday) I went to bed and woke up at 3am (Thursday )with the worst pain i have ever experienced, it felt like someone was squeezing my heart as tight as they could the pain was excruciating. I got out of bed and started walking around my flat thinking I need to get the blood circulating I also drank some water as I felt thirsty even though i drank plenty of water the day before.

On the Thursday I called my GP and spoke to the Doctor. She told me to come and see her face to face. She checked my sugar levels, blood glucose and blood pressure. All tests were ok. She also booked me in for an ECG then next day and also some blood tests.

The next day I went back to have the ECG. The results came back as me having an irregular heart beat and the blood test came back ok apart from the iron levels which were low but not low enough to be anemic (5.5). The doctor who told me the results said if I experience this pain again I should call 999. He also referred me to the hospital to have a 24 hour ECG ( booked in in 2 weeks time) and a Echo heart scan ( waiting for an appointment)

In the early hours of this morning around 2:30am I woke up with the same excruciating pain like last time but this time on top of the pain in my heart I had pain on my left side back which went round to my heart.

I called 999 and told them I need an ambulance because I think I'm having a heart attack. The call operator said the wait time is 45 minutes. I waited for 50 minutes and then called them back telling the call operator the pain feels worse and asked when will the ambulance be here. The call operator asked the stupidest question ever "Is the patient conscious" to which I replied I am the patient. She went off to talk to her supervisor and then told me my supervisor said the wait time is 9 hours for an ambulance we are really busy I'm sorry but your ambulance has been cancelled. She told me to call 111, call my GP or take myself to A & E and told me to end the call because there are life threatening people out there that need the service.

I couldn't believe what I was hearing!!

I phoned for a taxi but none were available until 6am ( it was now 3:45am) so I drove myself to the hospital.

A&E done 2 ECG's, done a blood test and chest X-ray ( all this took 6 hours). The nurse who took my blood said the doctor will talk to me and tell me the results. After waiting another hour and half for my results the nurse who took my bloods called me into he's room and told me everything is ok your free to go.

I left A&E with no answers to my problems and no 1 on 1 chat with the doctor.

This is all making me depressed. I feel dizzy, confused and off balance when I'm at work and when I'm going to sleep I am worried I'm not going to wake up.

Has anyone else had simular experiences or can think of what it could be ?

1 like, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

Sorry to read this.

I had a 999 call operator ask me to take my pulse by feeling my neck.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.