Heart Problem

Posted , 4 users are following.

I recently got hit directly under the chest on my heart by a baseball maybe going 70-80mph. It’s been about 5 to 6 days now and i’ve been experiencing at times shortness of  breath and what feels like an irregular heart beat. I went to the doctors to get an EKG and they found nothing and monitored my heart beat. The symptoms are still going on and I usually notice it when i’m trying to go to sleep. Any info will help 

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I would see a cardiologist so you can have an echocardiogram to make sure it did not damage anything. Getting hit with a baseball that hard that fast can do damage. My brother in law is blind in one eye from getting hit with a baseball during practice back in highschool.
    • Posted

Hi Samantha. I'm sorry about your brother in-law. However, the eye is an exposed organ and a very delicate one. On the other hand, the heart is protected by the ribs which makes it extremely unlikely for something like a baseball to damage a thoroughly protected organ like the heart. 

• Posted

If this continues to bother you I would definitely return to the ER, because there could be an evolving issue they failed to identify with an ECG.  If, however, you are only noticing it when you lay down it may not be anything serious.
  • Posted

If a 12-lead ECG is clear and has no abnormalities, then I would suggest it's probably anxiety related. Any case relating to chest pain or shortness of breath would first be checked with a 12-lead ECG. If its clear, then your condition is probably not heart related. I had a similar thing as you did a couple months back. I presented to the ER with chest pain and shortness of breath several times in the same month. They ran an ECG every time I went there and it was clear. So, I would suggest that your case is anxiety related or maybe its anaemia

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.