heart problems, tight neck, please help what should i do :(

Posted , 5 users are following.

hi, can someone give me a bit of advice on my heart. A couple months ago i recently starting geting a tight pain down the left side of my neck and it would feel weird when i squeeze it as if a nerve was tensing in my neck and it was going right up past my ear and the pain would occasionaly spread to my arm. Also at the same time i was suffering from vertigo where it felt as though the floor was dropping. However this went away for 2 weeks and last week in work i took a drink and i suddenly felt as though the ground was dropping again and heart pain and the tightness in my neck came back, also when i go to sleep at night i keep jumping as though my whole body is shaking and i keep falling in class and jumping because im always tired. i am also getting eye twitches and cheek twitches. i went to my gp and he told me my heart rate and blood presure is fine but im scared ncase there is an underlining issue, i do suffer from health anxiety but however on this occasion im frightned incase its not as i do eat a lot of salt. i am only 19 and a female and its stressing me in the time of my a-levels, would love a bit of adivce sad

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

Morgan I'm no expert but could you be experiencing an anxiety attack? Go see your GP for a diagnosis.

Have you any coping mechanisms for such times?

• Posted

Hi there, I have many of the symptoms you mentioned and a few more. I have a left sided tortuous carotid artery. They can see this on an ultrasound of your neck. I remember the day and exact time this happened to me and everything changed for me in that instant and i've yet to ever feel right again. Mine started out felling as though blood was pulsing very hard through my neck on left side, as if it was being pinched off like a hose and was pumping extra hard to get past. Instantly I also got dizzy, chest pains and my blood pressure shot up. Now if I turn my head a certain way, I get dizzy and if I look up to the sky or straight up to the ceiling(like you would drink from a can trying to get every last drop) things can actually go black. Maybe have this checked out, did you excersice or get your blood pressure up to high or push yourself harder than you ever did before this happened? That is what I did a couple days before my episode, I went cross country skiing and pushed myself way too hard and had to stop a few times because mynheart was beating so hard and i thought i was having a heart attack. What happens is the pressures inside the veins and arteries gets past a normal point and they actually stretch out temporarily and when the pressures go back to normal, they sometimes kink up because now they are longer than normal. My cardiologists said "well, you must have been born with it." But I say no way! Wasn't like that before and i know exactly when it happened. I hope you can get some answers, it's been 8 years for me and now i have cardiomyopathy for no unexplainable reason from doctors although i feel it is because my heart has to work extra hard to pump through. I also believe i may have the same issue in my stomach as its always painful with a very forceful beat.

• Posted

Hey!

It must be really stressing preparing four your a level exams, thus, it might be because of anxiety. As you mentioned you have pain in your heart, you must consult a doctor as soon as possible. But a heart pain is more burning pain. If heart disease is the reason for that, it will not go away no matter what medicine you take, and might effect the left arm, jaw and neck. You should see your doctor as soon as possible.

if the heart tests come out fine, try to relax yourself and go out for a walk, talk to people around you, give yourself a break too. Exercise as much as possible, or breathing exercises!! It helps a lot.

Hope you get well thou

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.