Heart quivering feeling in upper chest w/ concurring faint, fast irregular heart beat

Posted , 3 users are following.

First of al, l get PVCs off & on ( a long pause between heartbeats followed by a strong beat or two) so I have had heart palps before which felt like a strong flip flop in chest and last a second or two. 

Now,  I have new heart palp symptoms that last longer (10 seconds + approx.) It literally feels like my heart is quivering. I check my pulse as it's happening and it's fast and feels irregular as if all the beats are all jumbled together and it's not strong beats like when you are scared - Its actually more faint. I'm not in a mentally stressful situation and it happens when calm & relaxed and during running. I cannot make it happen or find a connection to bring it on. I don't feel faint or nausea etc, but just some pressure in middle of upper middle chest as it happens.

I don't have hypertension but at times have had high BP results at doctor visits in last 2 years.

Anyone know of this or experience this ?

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

I had palpitations which were getting worse and worse, I went to the doctors for blood tests and they said everything was fine other than my pottasium was low, I started to eat lots of potassium rich food and my palpitations stopped immediately. It turns out I had a slight kidney infection which was bringing my potassium down. My heart is actually fine. 
  • Posted

I have the same thing , even worse .  I'm 48 and yes I will if not I have suffered anxiety most of my life but I've been treated for it with Lexapro  for years . I was on many different antidepressants and Lexapro seem to work the best. I have not experienced anything like I'm what I'm going thru now . My blood prssure also has been kind of the high . It's off and on 139/89 149/90 127/83 136/88 it's all over the place . I'm currently taztia a channel blocker but it's not helping . This is my second go around with A halter monitor. Some times my heart rate gets to 120. I can't lay on my left side or my heart goes totally Haywire . Skipping beats, water, pounds, slow then fast flip flopping. It's horrible !! I will not give up till I get to the bottom of it . I'm seeing a new cardiologist on September 5 I'm bringing all my records with me and hopefully I can get all the reports from this monitor for him also. I'm going back to my main doctor to have hormones checked , thyroid potassium and magnesium. It's good to see that there's other people experiencing this I'm told it could be perimenopausal but I want an answer

• Posted

I will be 46 soon.  I'm prob in the perimenopausal period of my life.  I also had a ovarian cyst but think its gone now or at least is a lot smaller now which I heard it affects hormones. I have been a runner for years. I used to run 6-8 miles at a time 3-5 times a week but now have too much joint pain. Now run 2-3 miles a much slower pace with walking breaks. I get tired easily but I guess that happens in your 40s,  but I have people in their 60s and 70s that have more energy than I do running circles around me.  Have tried magnesium, chondroitin, MSM, and other supplements over the last 3 years.  Sometimes when I get these quivering heart palps I feel like I need to have my phone next to me just in case.  It sort of takes my breath away temporarily.  And I heard that a drop in estrogen & etc over time can affect your heart & make it more prone to heart attacks or serious heart conditions but need to research it more. If this is perimenopaus, doctors need to prepare us for it.  Could say, it may feel like its going to kill you but won't (Ha ha).

• Posted

Yes , I agree and if we need to take a little hormone replacement just to get us through and that should be suggested. 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.