Heart Quivering vs SVT or PVC

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hello all,

As you all may know I'm a recently diagnosed SVT

Patient. My Cardiologyst put me on a 24hr heart halter that showed some SVT and PVC moments. I have since gotten a Echocardiogram and Stress Test done and am F/U with my Cardiologyst again this Wednesday for a care plan. I have however; been recently feeling a quivering feeling in my heart with some shortness of breath. I have also felt a flip flop feeling in my heart that I have never felt before. My question is the following, are these feeling normal for SVT patients? I have been monitoring my Pulse and B/P and they both have been normal. Could it be Anxiety? I've never really been a anxious person prior to this new diagnosis . I have been over thinking it a bit but am not scared. I mean my Doctor so far has told me that beside the Tachycardia my heart is healthy. I'm assuming my Echo was normal cause they told me that if it was not they would call me and I haven't gotten a call and during the stress test the Dr who was present said everything looked normal with the exception that my heart beats fast doing little so I'm a bit confused. Any of you guys have these symptoms? Please advice. Thank you all for your time. šŸ˜Š

0 likes, 4 replies

4 Replies

• Posted

Hi, I'm 19. I was diagnosed last year in hospital with SVT could also be AVRT but they won't know 100% until I have the key hole heart surgery which I'm not sure of having as my bpm are normal mojority of the time unless I get quick heart palpitations which happen a few times a day sometimes in the night. I also get shortness of breath by talking / walking ( not far ) / going up a few stairs, much more than a person who hasn't got SVT would. Your symptoms are very much normal for this condition. I do not think its anxiety as I don't feel panicked at all when it happens to me. Do you know if what we have is classed as heart disease? When I google it that's what it says but my doctors never have mentioned that it's a heart disease they told me it's a defect.
    • Posted

No I wouldn't call it heart disease at all. Thank God. Svt as I know it to be is a abnormality with the hearts conducting system. Then again I'm no expert in the topic as I was only just recently diagnosed. I do consider myself fortunate and I thank God every day because a lot of the post I have read a lot of SVT heart rates go all the way up in the 200's +. Mines the highest I got was 160-165 at rest. I don't know what AVRT is but Lol what I do know is that I have a list of questions for my Cardiologyst this upcoming Wednesday. Once I speak to him I'll come back and let you know what he tells me.
  • Posted

Hi Ruth. Looking at the discussions, I don't think there is a 'normal' for SVT and you are right, that generally people with SVT have healthy hearts. The issue is more 'electrical'. TheĀ flip flop sensations you are getting may be Ectopic extra but distorted beats, which are said to be associated with SVT, and quite common. I myself get up to 8 in a minute. The the ectopic beats often give a feeling of panic/anxiety, rather than causing it.

I've been amazed but the kit you can buy for 100 dollars from Amazon that enables you to take your own ECG at the time of an attack with an android phone..... Ā Just search for Alivecor, or Kardia.

• Posted

Hi again Ruth. What you describe seems 'normal' to me for SVT so perhaps my SVT was of the same variety as mine. I had a good few scans of every type you could think of over the years and my heart always showed up as physically sound aswell. The electrtical defect that caused SVT was eventually eliminated by an ablation. SVT, and the fear of it, does cause anxiety. In my case this had my brain constantly monitoring my heart beats etc. for signs of it. I think someone with SVT can become very sensitive to changes in heart rhythym that ordinary folk just ignore. Good luck with your cardio appointment and do ask about an ablationĀ smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.