Heart rate 156 today when standing

Posted , 5 users are following.

So I am totally at a loss end and doctors are baffled basically I give birth everything was good a week later I had my first panic attack I thought I was hemmoraging I wasn't and after waiting do long to get a ultrasound ( 4 weeks ) I had started experiencing dizziness while standing up only I was absolutely fine before I had took the antibiotics they give me and thought I was hemmoraging again I wasn't but I wound myself right up that I was hemmoraging and then the dizziness occurred it started after having a bleed and I had what I thought was a panic attack my heart was racing I couldn't breathe so I thought it through but started to realise my heart rate was always high 115 ect I then carried on like normal but still felt off until the dizziness got so bad I couldn't walk I rang 111 who sent out a ambulance as my heart was fast upon standing everytime by now I was feeling I was been suffocated and they took me in did a d-dimmer ect again I went home and the next day my dizziness eased to a point I could function again I was so happy in was getting back to myself so carried on as normal I then knew my heart was going fast while standing but presumed I had a fear of standing after 5 weeks of intense dizziness well I woke up one morning unable to breathe again I felt numb and weird after years of panic attacks (all my life ) this one was different I took my bp and hr is was high my hr was 144 everytime I stood up I would feel thumping and check my hr which would vary within seconds be 115-146 ect resting at my mums house having a laugh in the garden sat down I checked day hr because I could feel it thumping it was 146 I rang 111 was told to go to a&e when they checked me my heart rate was 115-135-179 ect ! They did a ecg which apparently was normal sinus tachycardia so I sat down my heart rate calmed while sat but I stood up and the machine was off again my bp also raised everytime I stood up they promised me they would sort me I got given a bed after 6 hours of waiting the doctor checked me and my heart rate sat down was still like 82 84 89 90 ect on the machine the nurse said are you anxiouse she did a ecg and it was normal again although the the actual ecg showed abnormal so the doctor comes over checks me over tells me to lay down sit up ect while feeling my pulse and tells me to go home and wait for a holter well I go home and wake in the morning ok but again my heart races everytime I stand up so I go back to hospital 4 days later again to be told to stay over after a hour in the bed I was sent to the doctor who again said bloods are OK go home palps started asoon as i left hospital typical but I went home so a week passes and I then every morning now have a attack where my heart rate is palpitations I feel I can't breathe and my hr is 146 ect again when I stand up my heart rate is massively increased I went to a.private cardiologist he says it may be a electrical problem but I need a echo ecg to determine what's going on as I'm too young ( 24) for anything serious yeah right ! I've just payed this man he says it's not anxiety as it's going to high to be anxiety they expect 120-130 with anxiety he starts asking me if sudden death ect runs in my family which I can't answer I don't know half my family and half of them are dead anyways through drugs ect so that scares the crap out of me so when I sit my resting heart rate is quiete high now constantly it's like 95 when I'm not in a attack although I feel palps ect all day long ! Asoon as i stand bam 159 ect I feel that I'm dieing and nobody is listening or caring for that matter the cardiologist confirmed it sounds like I have a electrical problem/ maybe areythmia but again said I'm too young ! He only checked me sat down again so mad because this man was just payed and just booked me a holter and echo for four weeks time and didn't even tell me how much it costs ect tgen I have no answers he even said he was shocked at my hr been 179 ! He said that's nearly my maximum and definitely isn't anxiety so here I am sat with the worst anxiety in the world scared to move now šŸ˜­šŸ˜­šŸ˜­ I feel like I'm dying and nobody is listening or caring which is making me feel suicidal and mental

2 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

If your going private go to someone else! My heart rate suddenly went to 140 one day the paramedics said it was a panic attack, I have seen stories of people's heart rate going 180 in a panic attack so I you should see a different cardiologist. I went private a couple of weeks ago it took a week all sorted, mine sometimes jumps up when i stand up but I realise I'm quite stressed. My 5 day holter monitor and echo were fine so I'm trying to get my anxiety sorted. I get missed heart beats the cardiologist saw them but said not to worry. Maybe you need to find a different private clinic it will be over soon, if there's anything wrong it will get sorted. Don't wait 4 weeks it's just not fair on you x
  • Posted

Make sure they check to see if your anaemic I was after I gave birth it made my heart rate shoot up! It took 2 weeks of going back to A+E for them to finally say I was anaemic
  • Posted

I suppose that doctor can't prescribe a medicine to lower your heart rate because if you sit down your heart rate would Go too low. Or maybe not
    • Posted

I was prescribed meds for my tachy, basically high heart rate. My heart rate stays at a normal rate unless I get panicky. So they can but it's up to their discretion.
  • Posted

Steph, you've had every test known to medical science and they all came back notmal.

The private doctor sounds like a charlatan who wants you to have more tests so he can charge you more money.

Isee that you haven't given up checking your heart rate constantly - I thought  you were going to throw the pulse/ox, BP machine and the phone which tells you your heart rate away.

You have got to accept that this is anxiety - not a heart problem. Just as the imaginary haemorrhages after the baby were anxiety and not haemorrhages at all.

Have you had any therapy to sort this anxiety out?

What I've just read is a re-hash of all your prrevious posts, my love. You just can't accept that your heart is normal. It is. All the tests have proved that.

Please throw away all the devices which measure your heart rate and start enjoying your baby.

• Posted

Hi, Steph, Iā€™m wondering if you ever got any answers to this problem?, as I have the same issue with my heart and have anxiety also.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.