Heart rate

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi'

I was in the hospital the other day with afib and had the electric shock done, which didn't help . I think I'm back in sinus rhythm but for some reason when I get up to walk around, my heart rate jumps up in 130's then back down to normal . I'm not sure what's causing this to happen . Has anyone experienced this before ? At times it goes down as low as in the 40's as well .

0 likes, 12 replies

12 Replies

• Posted

Ask your cardiologist!
    • Posted

I don't have one yet . I have my first appointment on June 7th . I will be asking this same question for sure. But I was just curious if anyone else experienced the same increase in heart rate .

• Posted

Plus I kinda thought these forums was to share things that we go through and help each other. Maybe I am wrong about that .
    • Posted

I think u will find this forum extremely helpful and that people will answer u if they've had your experience(s) and can share that with you. .

• Posted

Sorry, I'm new here. No, I haven't experienced that.

• Posted

Can you tell us your age and relative medical history. It's relevant because age does come into it. Sick sinus syndrome is usually in older people. Have you been diagnosed with conduction problems? Are you over 65? Male/Female?

• Posted

I am under 65 , female and no other health problems. This never happened before until after the cardioversion.
    • Posted

I am 60, female, and white. I went for a total knee replacement and when the spinal was administered, I went into AFib. It took three days for the docs to get my heart rate back to normal. I will return for the knee replacement, but with general anesthesia.

I have never had an abnormal ECG.

• Posted

I just googled sick sinus syndrome. I see that calcium channel blockers can also cause it . I am on verapamil for rate control maybe the verapamil is the cause. Thank you for replying back with that information .
    • Posted

Maybe. But to be sure, can you wait 'til Tuesday to ask your cardiologist? Maybe s/he doesn't even know. Make sure it's a good source, like WebMD.

• Posted

I agree with randi34135, wait until you see your cardiologist before you change, or do anything. It may not be a good idea to come off Verapamil sudenly in haste.

I didnt Google Sick Sinus, I know it of it anyway, as it was a part of a module in biomedical science. You may or may not have it, its just a waiting game. 

• Posted

Okay, thank you for replying back. I'll wait until I see my doctor .

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.