heart rate 60-93 in a matter of seconds, in bed

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hi all, writing because I just got super scared. I was in bed and all of a sudden felt my heart tense up, was wearing a fitbit, looked at my heart rate and it went from 60-93 (was going up but I took my fitbit off because I was getting freaked out), lying in bed the whole time. Anyone experience this? Have my fitbit on again and it’s at 64 (around my norm).

I have been feeling light headed/dizzy/faint at work at times and I did just have a Holter monitor on yesterday, Cardiologist will not read until Monday, but this just happened in bed while I was lying down. 

0 likes, 6 replies

6 Replies

• Posted

Sounds as if your heart rate is doing sudden dip pausing and then leaping up again hence the dizziness. My AF has been doing it and it’s scary. 
    • Posted

it may be, I just want to get to the bottom of it. 😭

• Posted

Fit bits are not 100% accurate. Your better off buying a pulse oximeter. There about 30 bucks. A normal resting heart rate is 60 to 100 bpm. Sometimes even though you don't feel anxious your body might so I've heard. And that to could be a cause. Try not to work yourself up until you talk to your cardiologist because then you'll probably have a high HR due to anxiety. There are pros and cons to a fit bit. There not always accurate.

• Posted

thanks, it startled me and I wasn’t thinking of anything before it happened. 😩

• Posted

If a jump to pulse rate of 93 is all you've got, don't worry about it.  Now if it were 193 you might have some reason for concern!  And your resting rate of 64 is great.

So whatever got you wearing the Holter, wait for the readings on that, but from what you describe here you're doing great.

• Posted

thanks, that makes me feel a little better. it startled me and I need up taking my fitbit off because I didn’t wanna know how much higher it’d go. I just thought a jump that big in such short time was bizarre.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.