Heart rate after Ablation Question

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi, I am 13 days out now. for the first week my resting rate was about 8 to 10 beats higher than what I was and then the last 5 or 6 days it is slower by 4 or 5 beats per minute. I am still on 50mg Toprol while recovering. I was on the Toprol 50mg and my resting rate was pretty low at about 52. Now I am dipping down to 47 range at rest, I also notice with cardio my rate used to get up to 127 range when pushing it now I get up to about 120 with same effort. I did go back in and get a EKG today which was normal. Has anyone noticed different heart rates after there ablation and if so is it permanent or does it go back to pre ablation levels. Also to add I felt a little tired on Toprol and sometimes light headed and that is about the same now not worse just the pulse is slightly lower. I know I should lower the dose or get over it and go to another Blood Pressure Med but I am also still have fear that the svt will come back, which is all mental hopefully. Thanks

1 like, 0 replies

0 Replies

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.