Heart rate below 50

Posted , 4 users are following.

hi guys!

i got diagnosed with graves disease two years ago, ended up having RAI and now hypo for life on levothyroxine 125mg, my heart rate is currently 64, but i notice this dips in the day to below 60, then in the evening to below 50, is this normal? is this just the levothyroxine wearing off throughout the day? i suffer with health anxiety at the moment so worried it could be something like heart failure. 😦

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

I don't know what's normal for you but people's heartbeat can vary considerably. However, if this concerns you, I think you would be justified in seeing a cardiologist to check it out. A heartbeat below 50 could be a problem and falls outside the normal parameters.

• Posted

Exercise. Yoga is good for heart rate issues. Its not heart failure, if it was heart failure, you would not be posting messages, you would be in intensive care.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.