Heart Rate Jumps Upon Standing, Is This Anxiety?

Posted , 5 users are following.

Hey guys, so I've been dealing with panic attacks daily and high anxiety which I will be getting help for soon. Recently, I've noticed my heart rate jumps from 70-80 to 120-150 bpm. I am not sure if this is related to my anxiety or if it is something more. I've had blood work, chest xray and heart monitor and ekg. Everything was ok except I was released with anxiety reaction: sinus tach. I have anxiety centered around my heart and am not sure if when standing I am so focused on my heart that I am making it beat fast or if there is something more that needs to be investigated. Does this happen to anyone else? I've never had this problem until my anxiety came back 4 weeks ago.

1 like, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

Hi I suffer from health anxiety and I focus on my heart. And yes it always seems to go faster your more you ficus on it. I tend to just take deep breaths and relax, it does help x
  • Posted

Hi

I have health anxiety also and its predominantly centred on my heart. Heart rate does go up the more you focus on it as subconsciously your brain is sending signals that you are afraid or in danger ans then it produces adrenalin which increases heart rate significantly and then you get palpitations. I know its hard as I struggle too but try not to focus on your heart so much. I find keeping occupied with other things helps. I tend to read a lot of books or play with my children or do housework but sometimes its there in the subconscious mind and I will still get physical symptoms of anxiety when I dont feel anxious! Its exhausting. x

• Posted

hi rchrbl

i have been struggling with EXACTLY same problem since April 2017.. I have stayed in hospital for 3 days and wore 48 hours and 30 days heart monitor. I was told that I have although they picked high heart rate it was all sinus tachycardia means just high heart rate. I am a 30 year old female n never had this issue before. I have been told that it is just anxiety. so i am taking anxiety n reactive depression medicine.and 2.5mg bisoprolol to calm my heart. i'll be ln this medication for 6 months. Intially it was very scary for me so i can understand how u must be feeling right now. my heart rate goes up on standing upto 160bpm.. with bisoprolol i always stay under 100bpm. i hope this helps

• Posted

Look into postural orthostatic tachycardia syndrome, or POTS.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.