Heart rate (Pulse) becomes very high when sleeping thereby waking me up

Posted , 3 users are following.

Hi,

Heart rate (pulse) becomes very high when sleeping thereby waking me up and many times accompanied with seizures. After being woken, heart rate reduces to normal.

Please tell me why this happens, in particular, any chemical's presence in the body that causes this.

Regards

Bala

1 like, 9 replies

9 Replies

• Posted

Hi Bala first off, have you seen a Dr regarding this as you cannot be diagnosed on a website.

Do you wake up suddenly and your heart is racing, because you say it wakes you up but then goes back to normal, when you say seizures what do you mean, is that an epileptic fit

• Posted

1) Answer to your first question: Heart rate (Pulse) becomes very high when sleeping THEREBY waking me up.

2) Answer to the question "is that an epileptic fit ?": I don't know.

3) Please TELL me why this happens, in particular, ANY CHEMICAL'S PRESENCE in the body that causes this.

• Posted

This is happening to me.  I have been having insomnia for a number of months now, which is related to a breathing condition.  I typically wake up between 3:30-5:00 am and thereafter I am unable to get back to sleep.  There have been many instances where I have had a rapid heartbeat (i.e., tachycardia) and my heart feels like it is pounding.  I recently had a sleep study and the doc said I had some shallow breathing and some stoppages with a decreased O2 levels.  You should get checked out.  I would suggest a sleep study and possibly ask your PCP for a Holter monitor, which you can wear for 24 hours to monitor your heart.  The fast heartbeat/pulse could also be due to ongoing stress - that's what all the doctors say, isn't it?

• Posted

First of I'm trying to work out how you know that your heart rate is fast when your asleep? I suspect it's that you wake up suddenly which increases your HR, have you seen a doctor's to get it checked?

As for the seizures, how are you describing them and have these been confirmed by your GP, this is possibly anxiety related but till you see a doctor then it cannot be diagnosed online, why haven't you seen a doctor, if you haven't

• Posted

You are wrong. You are wrong because you are giving false and wrong information. Please tell me TELL me why the high heart rate which is accompanied by seizure happens, in particular, ANY CHEMICAL'S PRESENCE in the body that causes this.

You are not considering certain cause of the said heart abnormality but you intentionally say wrong things like "Anxiety" for the given situation, thereby being an accomplice to any criminal responsible for presence of chemical.

Please TELL me why the high heart rate which is accompanied by seizure happens, in particular, ANY CHEMICAL'S PRESENCE in the body that causes this.

• Posted

This question wasn't directed to me, but I have my own view.  If there is sleep apnea, the guy's oxygen level may be low, which means that his heart is working faster to distribute oxygenated blood.  Another reason may be stress, specifically cortisol levels.  Look it up.

• Posted

Bala you still haven't said if you have seen a Dr regarding these symptoms or not and if you haven't then no one on this forum can tell you what your symptoms are caused by and to be honest if your not seeing a Dr and it is something then you could be harming your health big time, how old are you

• Posted

Regarding chemicals, I am interested only in those chemicals that are used to criminally or intentionally cause the said heart rate. Simply, I want to know the name of any poisons or class of poisons that are known to be used by some people to cause the said heart rate to others.

• Posted

If there is sleep apnea, then your airways are closing down, which generally will lead to a reduction in oxygen.  Your body responds to this event by saying, "wake up, you're not getting enough oxygen."  To compensate, while sleeping, your heart may be working FASTER to distribute blood that contains less oxygen in order to keep up with the body's oxygen demand.  Thus, this could explain the fast heartbeat upon waking.  Once you are awake, you are then conscious and better able to breath, thus your oxygen levels increase, which should lead to a reduction in heart rate.  This is in line with the OPs original comments where OP says that heart rate decreases once he/she is awake.  This is ONE potential explanation.  Another would be cortisol stress levels that have a circadian rhythm, generally in the morning.  Many people have heart attacks in the early morning presumably because cortisol levels are high at this time.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.