Heart rate question

Posted , 3 users are following.

hello all, just have a question about bpm. I am 21 years old 5'1 and 104 pounds. so a pretty small female. my anxiety makes me constantly check my heart rate. When i'm laying down about to go to sleep my heart rate ranges from 55bpm-58bpm. i do not work out. but i eat pretty healthy and my bloodwork is all normal. is it normal for my pulse to be like that at rest? usually during the day it's 60-70bpm. thank you for answering!

0 likes, 3 replies

3 Replies

• Posted

A normal resting heart rate for adults ranges from 60 to 100 beats a minute. Generally, a lower heart rate at rest implies more efficient heart function and better cardiovascular fitnes. Nothing to worry about unless you start having symptoms such as pain in your chest or are short breathed for no reason etc. Otherwise stop stressing
    • Posted

Some healthy athletes have resting BPM at 40
  • Posted

Yes, a pulse of 60-70 during the day is normal. On beta blockers, mine is 50 during the day :D. It feels great from the dramatic 70bpm-130bpm just when standing, lol. During the day you're most active so your heart rate will be higher then when you sleep it will be a lot lower. Don't worry about it, you will be fine smile

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.