Heart rate slower than normal..

Posted , 6 users are following.

Normally my resting heart rate is between 80-90, I checked it about 10 minutes ago and it was 68. i got up to try to raise it to normal which has never really been below 75... normally when i stand up itll reach atleast 100, but it only went to 84... since it is normal that usual should i be concerned? i know healthy is 60-100, but this is way less than my normal rate. 

0 likes, 8 replies

8 Replies

• Posted

im 18 years old and have a cardiologist appt on wednesday for arrhythmia and tachycardia
  • Posted

Because you thought it was to low and panicked it’s a very crappy cycle mine sometimes skips beats and fluttering feeling it’s horrible 
  • Posted

You are absolutely fine and healthy. A resting Hr of 68 is good. “Normal can be between 60-100 depending on the person. If your an athlete, RHR can fall into the low 50s mine is usually in the mid to low 60s 
  • Posted

Btw, Tachycardia is usually a sustained HR of over 100. Or SVT is over 160 I believe. You can cause yourself anxiety and get you HR up along with your Blood pressure. If you want to bring it down, concentrate on breathing. Nice and deep. In for At least 4 secs hold for 4-7 secs then out through your mouth for 6-8 secs. Do that at least 5 times and your HR will go down. Unless you have a congenital heart condition, you’re to young for a cardiologist. I think this is more anxiety related. You are just hyper aware of your hearts functions right now
  • Posted

Kristen,

I dont think you should worry .Everyone's 'normal' heart rate is different. .68 sounds absolutely fine. Wish that was all I had to worry about  !!

• Posted

Hi Kristen, from what you have stated i wouldn't worry at all, ive been having pvcs, LBP, tachycardia ect the list goe's on sad i would swap places with you in heartbeat wink excuse the impression lol your heart rate is very much in the normal range but i would be thinking of lowering it down a bit from 80s-90s at resting, diet exercise ect can help, or talk to your GP smile on the other end just make sure it doesn't drop below 60 for sustained amounts of time not that its a issue but if it does it would be worth getting checked smile honestly though your heart is very healthy going by them rates but seek a medical opinion from a doctor you trust/like if you need more reassurance. hope you keep well smile 

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.