Heart rate troubles nearing end

Posted , 3 users are following.

I'm quite sure I've had gastroenteritis.

At work on Saturday in between shifts I ate take away food with my bare hands and I work milking cows Sunday I slept all day and night and was sweating more than ever and I literally never sweat..

Lost nearly 2 stone in weight

Toilet every 15 minutes

Sick everytime I stand

Not slept more than 3 hours since monday

Yesterday I went 10 hours without being sick but still bathroom I tried beans on toast and then a pot noddle few hours later they came up I was gutted to say the least but around that time I had stopped going the toilet for a couple of hours so I'm guessing it's just trying to get out of my system one way or another. So now it's Saturday morning I still have zero energy I need to use the wall and doors to help me walk.

But my concern is lack of sleep my heart rate is constantly high atm if I'm laying down I can see it thumping down to my groin nearly. If I get up to go to the bathroom and back which is about 25 steps my heart feels like it triples and I struggle to control it. I'm drinking lucozade sport for the electrolytes. I'm just thinking because my heart is constantly fast everytime I fall asleep it's obviously dropping because I'm relaxing and it's like within 20 minutes my body is forcing me awake because it's not ready for my heart to be that steady yet. What should I do. Or is it just part of recovery. Bare in mind won't be able to go to the doctors until at least Monday now. Just wanted to be better for work Monday night

0 likes, 2 replies

2 Replies

• Posted

Try small sips of water throughout the day and take plenty of rest.
  • Posted

Hi DazzFoster

Stop taking the lucozade sport drink it will make your heart race drinking too much of it....you need to get Diorolyte from pharmacy for your electrolytes....too much sport drink have been known to cause cardiac arrest in young people...just stick to water....to sustsin your elecyrolytes est banana for potassium and sodium just put a little salt on your food..but best thing is to go to pharmacy or ask someone to go for you for Diorolyte you don't want to spread whatever you have..you need a blood test to see if you have contracted any bacterium into your body ..best wishes for a speedy recovery..

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.