Heart Rate while In Afib

Posted , 2 users are following.

Hi ,

Im a 37 year old White male ,6'1" 310. I was just Diagnosed with Afib . The ER started me on prodaxa and Metroprolol . This is the Third time my heart has Went into this Rhythm . It all started with Covid in 2020 and i was Cardioverted 6 weeks later . I was then good for a year and a half and My heart went back into it after a heavy day of Drinking Alcohol . I was then Cardioverted again and a month later im back into it . I see my Cardiologist tomorrow to go over a Game plan on how to get back to Sinus Rhythm . I had a couple of concerns that not many people can answer , maybe you can help ? My HR jumps around alot from 100 , 90 , 80's to 50 . The 100 i know is Normal , but the 50 kinda worries me . especially when im driving and i look at my watch and its at 52 . Is this Normal or is it a cause for Concern ? Never had a Cavity Before and now i have heart problems . SUCKS!!!

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

RHR of 100 seems quite high, You say you are 6'1 and 310 which I'm converting to 185cm and 140kg, which , unless you're an NFL linebacker and it's solid muscle, puts your BMI at the top end of the Obese part of the chart

I'd suggest the excess weight is where your problems start and anything you can do to drop 100 pounds should be factored into your game plan. The amount of excess weight you are carrying around is a health time-bomb, consider yourself lucky you've got the chance to put it right before it's too late.

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.