Heart rhythm doesnt drop more then 80 BPM

Posted , 4 users are following.

Hello Everyone !! I am 35 yrs. Currently under medication of Hypertension Level 2 (For 3 month). Meds are : Enalapril 5 mg + Amlodipine 5mg (Morning) & Enalapril 5mg (before bed). While wake up in the morning heart pulse shows 60 to 70 BPM (Without medication). After taking medicines it goes up to 80 to 110 BPM (Blood pressure Normal). Sometimes feel Cold, dizzy or feel like faint out, not able to swallow, something stuck on my throat like feelings, no balance . Heart pulse goes down only while I am lying down on the bed and trying to sleep. Other then that Its always UP. I am not doing any kind heavy physical activities while working on weekdays. The heart pulse rate kind of concerning me, never felt like that before, neither notice about it, Only From the time I was been taking blood pressure medication, I had to monitor my BP readings many times in a day to make report for doctors next visit. Any suggestion ?? Thank you.

0 likes, 5 replies

5 Replies

• Posted

It sounds like you may be allergic to your medication. Do you know what was causing your high blood pressure? Was it due to lifestyle?

• Posted

Hello moon53540. So far My doctor didnt able to notice what causing my High Blood pressure. Yes I used to smoke & drink every night but both quite almost 4 months. Had bad cholesterol, recovered already. Lost weight 7 kilo within 1 half month. Just had reading now 106/72-89 BPM. Doing nothing, just sitting and browsing around. I can feel something trigger these but dont know what is it. Many things has been changed from life from the time starts to High Blood pressure medication. BP is quite normal.

• Posted

I would ask to change medication, like jx said ask for a beta blocker. Or if you have changed and carry on changing your lifestyle for the better and regularly check your bp and heart rate to make sure nothing is wrong, maybe try without any medication. You need to speak to your doctor about different possibilities but it sounds like what you are taking now is not agreeing with you.

• Posted

Amlodipine can cause heart rhythm problems, doctor should take you off that. If pulse or rhythm problems persist, normal practice would be to give you a beta blocker, that is typically very effective for that.

• Posted

Thanks Moon & Jx for your advice and thoughts. I am waiting for next appointment on first week of November. Will update further conditions

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.