Heart Robles no one is taking me seriously

Posted , 2 users are following.

im driving myself mad. sine last thursday ive been having heart flutters every few minutes. it feels like someone is kicking me in the chest and some of them actually hurt and make me stop what im doing. i ended up in a&e on sunday and they did ecg x 2 and blood work and it all camr back fine and said to go and see my gp. i went yday and he just said it was anxiety he didnt even examine me. there must be something wrong with my heart to be making it do this - the ecg in the hospital only lasts a couple of seconds so that wouldnt have picked the skipped beats up. im so scared im making myself sick with worry. has anyone jad these so often

0 likes, 1 reply

1 Reply

• Posted

On the bright side if this was happening every couple of minutes, most likely the ecg would have picked it up, if it was heart related! and with your blood work coming back clear, it sounds non medical. Im not sure what examination a Dr can do on a pt to confirm anxiety, hence why he probly didnt do one. Ask your Dr for a 24hr holter monitor to watch your heart if your that concerned

Report or request deletion

Thanks for your help!

We want the community to be a useful resource for our users but it is important to remember that the community are not moderated or reviewed by doctors and so you should not rely on opinions or advice given by other users in respect of any healthcare matters. Always speak to your doctor before acting and in cases of emergency seek appropriate medical assistance immediately. Use of the community is subject to our Terms of Use and Privacy Policy and steps will be taken to remove posts identified as being in breach of those terms.